Topic: the game is hot

Page 1 of 1
loki101
rank 3
Posted:
Wed May 31, 2006 9:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i got all the char.plus some cool boards including the nes controller that thing is mad fast...one problem though is it true that if you link it to your pc and use a special program you can actually play it online ?
Posted:
Wed May 31, 2006 10:04 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea it is a great game, probobly my favorite snowboarding game ever.

You can play the game online by tunneling it over the internet to another user. The probobly is that it is laggy. Not in the same sense as other online games though. With most online games, they are programmed to compensate for latency. For instance on a first person shooter you will see some teleporting of characters or skipping. On the GameCube LAN games, they synch up every single frame. So instead of there be normal lag, the games run at a very slow framerate. Because the games synch up every frame they use a lot of bandwidth. At the moment most internet connections do not have enough upstream to properly play these games online.

They DO connect, as I have tested multiple times with other users, they just run rather slow, and not fast enough to play on a regular basis.

The good news is, down the road as internet speeds increase, all of the GameCube LAN games will be playable online without any lag. The bad news is it could be a few years before this is possible.

GameCubes are going to get pretty cheap in the coming year. So you could always get enough hardware to setup a local LAN with Mario Kart Double Dash, 1080 Avalanche, and Kirby Air Ride.