Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Overwatch
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:49 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
What are the rarest gc games out their and what rare games do u own?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:30 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The rarest NTSC-U/C North American GameCube games that I know of are:

Cubivore
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Ikaruga
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (The original release)

Out of these I just own PSO Ep1&2 the original release (and I own the plus version). I do own Ikaruga on the Dreamcast though.

It is very early to tell which GameCube games are rare. What is rare right now, might not be as rare when next generation consoles hit. Remember, a TON of people are going to be trading in current gen stuff to upgrade to new consoles. So if you are big into current consoles like the gamecube, it will be a perfect time to clean up on some key games. So keep your eyes peeled.
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:31 am
quote : #3
I own Jedi Outcast and bought it for $27. I don't know if I got ripped off or not. I wish I had Ikaruga though, their arn't to many shooters like that anymore. Would the GC version of Zelda:TP be rare because people will want the Wii version instead?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:44 am
quote : #4
Did you buy Jedi Outcast new or used? Man I want that game so bad. How is the framerate in that game by the way? I played the game heavily on the PC, and really want to get it for the cube.

$27.00 is a solid deal whether you got it used or new. The game is going for about $40.00 used at the moment.

All Zelda games tend to hold their value. It all depends on how many Twilight Princess GameCube discs they press. I am going to be getting it on the GameCube. I can't play it yet though when I get it since the last Zelda game I played was the original NES version. I have some major catching up to do as far as Zelda is concerned.
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:27 pm
quote : #5
I bought it used but it included the manuel and the disk was in new condition. But the back part was all wrinkly theirs like 5 bumps like water got in it. The framerate was good except in the hairy places like when you first get the lightsaber. I hope they don't press that many GC versions of Twilight Princess so that they become rare some day and then I'll have it in my closet next to Jedi Outcast and Ikaruga when I buy it.Hope that doesn't sound selfish.

Vandross
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:49 am
quote : #6
Speaking of rare games, I live in Sweden and I'm currently looking for a copy of PSO EP 1&2, doesn't matter if it's used or not even though I'd prefer a new copy. Since it's extremely rare in Sweden, is it still available in England for me to import?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skype - Hydean
MSN - mechoshira@hotmail.com
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:53 am
quote : #7
Have you checked ebay.co.uk? I bet they have some copies for sale. I wonder if the European release of Ep1&2 is any rarer than the North American non-plus release.
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:20 pm
quote : #8
Are their any rare accesories besides the GBA Player?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:14 pm
quote : #9
Component cables can be pretty hard to come by. However I don't know how rare they are in terms of production quantities.

For instance PSO was very hard to find for a while, and copies of the original PSO release would fetch 40+. It was deemed as a rare game. However as soon as the game went offline the market was flooded with copies of GC PSO. Now the game is super easy to find, and getting cheaper by the day.

I have some Japanese Demo discs for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Viewtiful Joe. I think they were schwag from TGS or something. I had never seen them before, and someone on ebay was selling a whole bunch of them from the UK a few months back for a few dollars a pop. I scored a couple of them since I had never seen them before. I think they are going to be pretty rare.
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:48 am
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
I have some Japanese Demo discs for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Viewtiful Joe. I think they were schwag from TGS or something. I had never seen them before, and someone on ebay was selling a whole bunch of them from the UK a few months back for a few dollars a pop. I scored a couple of them since I had never seen them before. I think they are going to be pretty rare.

I know the ones you mean, I also bought one off the same guy.

Have you bought any of the in store demo disks? The US ones seem to go for quite a lot on ebay.com. I've got a couple of the UK ones off ebay.co.uk for a good price but they don't seem to come up very often.
Posted:
Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:30 am
quote : #11
Those keyboards from ASCII and Sammy are pretty rare outside of Japan.I'm thinking about getting one from eBay... Mr. Green
Im not sure how often would I use it, as I want it just because im collector.

btw. I have component cable, I got it from Japan. Very Happy

Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:56 pm
quote : #12
I don't know if PAL PSO is as rare as the US version, but I reckon I've only seen two copies in the last 2 years in game shops, and I've been around quite a few!

Over here RE 4 was super rare for the cube, but you can pick up a copy on ebay relativley cheap, as lordnikon said loads of people r selling up.

One of my fav games for the cube was the Twin Snakes, this took me ages to hunt down and is still quite rare on ebay UK.

Got em all by the way!

X
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:00 pm
quote : #13
Yeah RE4 is real hard to find brand new in the UK. Took me a long time.

Overwatch
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:42 pm
quote : #14
The Pikmin series has really shot up in price as of late. Scored a copy of Pikmin 1 off of Half.com for $9 though its just the disk. I dont mind, I had no intention on selling it to anyone, I really wanted to play that odd, GC treasure. Anywho, most copys of Pikmin 2 go for around $50 on up with new copys for $100. Most Pikmin 1's go for around $30.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:03 am
quote : #15
Overwatch wrote:
Anywho, most copys of Pikmin 2 go for around $50 on up with new copys for $100. Most Pikmin 1's go for around $30.

Unbelievable. Shocked

I remember just a year ago most retailers were desperate to unload copies of Pikmin 2, going for as low as $10. The surge in popularity must be due to a certain sequel to a Gamecube fighting game than anything else. Those games are by no means rare.