Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Previous  1, 2
Overwatch
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:14 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Yea, I dont think I'm dumb enough to forking out $50 for Pikmin 2, it was a Players Choice title.

Hobofreak
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:59 pm
quote : #17
Quote:
Yea, I dont think I'm dumb enough to forking out $50 for Pikmin 2, it was a Players Choice title.

I was looking into buying one last month, but then I saw how much they wanted for a copy.

nibelheimpromise
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:19 pm
quote : #18
Don't forget about Mario DDR, Bust-a-Move 3000, Top Angler, and Goblin Commander!
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:25 pm
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
Is Goblin Commander actually rare? I don't know about that one...

On the subject of Pikmin 2, the ones that go for a lot of money are the NON-Players Choice originals with no "Best Seller" symbols on them.
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:55 pm
quote : #20
I don't think goblin commander is mega rare like, say Cubivore or Ikaruga, but I haven't seen it in stores for a while. They used to be plentiful, but I haven't seen it in quite some time. Then again, gc games tend to fluxuate in terms of being easy to find and, well, not so easy to find. The same thing applies to Gotcha Force. I use to see it all the time, up until a year ago or so, but now its nowhere to be found.
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:52 pm
quote : #21
Even the Players Choice versions of Pikmin 2 are going for insane prices.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:33 pm
quote : #22
Interesting. It looks like it is indeed selling at high prices regardless of the version. I looked over the releases of Pikmin 2 on ebay, and I noticed the following:

1.) There are two entirely different covers for North America. One for USA and the other for Canada.

2.) Both the USA and Canada versions had Players Choice releases.

3.) Then, each of these releases also had the Players Choice with the BEST SELLER emblem on them.

So we are looking at a total of 6 different Pikmin 2 variants. I think popular demand for the title, along with high interest in getting a non-players choice version, and collectors spending large amounts of money on cover variants led to the current market price of this game.

In the last 2 weeks over 208 copies of Pikmin 2 were sold on ebay.

I would not consider Pikmin 2 to be a rare GameCube game at all. Currently in high demand and expensive? Yes, but not rare.
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:28 pm
quote : #23
DDR Mario Mix has been rare since the day it came out. Glad I got a copy before it sold out everywhere Very Happy

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:56 pm
quote : #24
damn, i really want to play the pikmin games, looks like it will be hurting my wallet once i get them
Ragensi
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:28 am
quote : #25
Lets see , I have:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Ikaruga
DDR Mario Mix
PSO 1&2

What about Chaos Field? I know its freaky rare/expensive for the Dreamcast. What about the Gamecube version? I grabbed it at a gamestop a while back and haven't seen a copy since.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:10 am
quote : #26
Ragensi wrote:
What about Chaos Field? I know its freaky rare/expensive for the Dreamcast. What about the Gamecube version? I grabbed it at a gamestop a while back and haven't seen a copy since.

I saw this over the weekend at K-Mart for $15 new. Online, it goes for about $8-10 used and $15-16 new. The print run for Chaos Field may of been somewhat low, but the game is not highly sought after.