Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:05 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Because Twilight Princess is not going to be a GameCube exclusive, I no longer feel it will be the system's swan song. I also feel that if Nintendo could avoid putting it out they would. However since that would cause "ripples" in the industry, they have no choice since it was announced all along as a GameCube game.

While I feel we will be getting a great game for th cube, it seems like it's release had nothing to do with the gamecube at all, and now has been transformed as a title to push their next console. It is dissapointing.

Instead, I feel Baten Kaitos 2 will be the cube's last hoorah.

Sure, Super Paper Mario is coming out, but Baten Kaitos is more of a high production value title pushing the GameCube's hardware, while delivering a longer more involved gameplay experience.
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:59 pm
quote : #2
I could have sworn that Baten Kaitos 2 was coming out for the DS instead of the Gamecube. Don't remember why. Twilight Princess could be the GC's swan song if no one cares about some retarted fishing mini-game and 16:9 aspect ratio.

stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:00 am
quote : #3
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed myself. Zelda seems like it greatness will be more with the Wii than the Cube. I can't wait to try the next Paper Mario. It looks like it'll be a ride. What's kind of funny... what's the purpose of releasing games for both the Cube and the Wii? I saw several games that are going to be released for both... Any logic? Honestly, outside of maybe a few kiddies, a lot of folks are going to jump on the Wii since it's backwards compatible. I'm stuck with a broken Cube at the moment (my thread went unreplied entitled "video problems", just when I was getting into Metroid). Anyway, who knows... maybe the Cube will be the next GBA, and will see a few more titles before it bows out to it's successor.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:38 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
We probobly won't get anymore exclusive titles that were developed just for the gamecube, however one game that I know will be great for the cube, will be Rayman 4. Beyond Good & Evil was fantastic on the gamecube (I have yet to play Rayman 3 on cube). So we can be certain that Rayman 4 will be a must have title if you are a fan of the gamecube.

Any other titles will most likely be substandard ports, or mult-platform "animated movie" film tie ins. There seems to be a glut of titles hitting the cube lately that are based on cartoons / animated films. I don't have anything against games aimed at a younger audience, just games that are based on outside properties. I would rather have a game's subject matter be original.