Topic: Multiplayer RPGS

Page 1 of 1
stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey everyone. I wanted to see what is everyone favorite co-op experience for the Cube. Personally, some of mine include Gauntlet (I stick with the DC version, since it's pretty much the same), PSO, Hunter: The Reckoning, Beach Spikers, X-Men Legends, and NBA Street (1 and 2, never played 3.) Any thoughts are comments would definitely help with my next purchase. Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:42 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Uhh well you listed a bunch of games there that arn't RPG's. I don't want to drag this into a favorite multiplayer game topic since most games have a multiplayer component. So we'll stick to RPG's.

I still have to get Gauntlet on the Cube, or even the DC. It is a title I definatly want to track down. So far the only RPG I have on the gamecube is Phantasy Star Online, and I have yet to play that in multi-player. I think once I get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals and set up the multiplayer, that it would be my favorite. While I love PSO, the fullscreen view of FF:CC is great for multiplayer.
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:39 pm
quote : #3
Wow. Sorry bout that. :S I got off topic. I was thinking X-Men, Gauntlet, PSO, and Final Fantasy... than I just started adding multiplayer titles to it. If it wasn't for the whole gba required for multiplayer, Final Fantasy would be an awesome game. I might pick up some used gba from eb, since they're only 24.99. That's about the price of a regular controller anyways.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:48 am
quote : #4
Yea I plan on buying a bunch of GBA's for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles as well.

FF:CC is probobly THE best, if you have the GBA's to play it of course.

From looking over what the cube has to offer, I think X-Men Legends 1 and 2 are some of the best options available for offline multiplayer RPG action. They are well produced games, and the isometric viewpoint means everyone can view the same screen. No splitscreen necessary.
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:21 pm
quote : #5
The price for GBAs are low, I might have to pick up me up some.I rented FF:CC, it was fun.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:58 am
quote : #6
I'm suprised no one even mentioned Tales of Symphonia. It's a great RPG, that can be played with up to four players simultaneously, single-screen. The only problem is that sometimes the screen can scroll in a way that it pushes players at the edge of the screen offscreen, so you have to stay together. You also have to make sure all of the characters are set to "automatic," so the computer isn't controlling any of the players. It can be purchased new, for $20, as it's part of the "Player's Choice" series.

shoutout33
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:10 pm
quote : #7
For the record, PSO in multi-player mode (offline), is an absolute BLAST to play! Mr. Green I don't get no better. :p Communication, sharing, and cussin' each other out, is on a whole new level. LOL! NIkon, when you can, get some folks together and play...you won't regret it! Oh yeah, bonus note...you can play 3 players too. Doesn't have to be only 2 or 4 players. FYI just in case you all didn't know. Very Happy

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:16 pm
quote : #8
Baffled that nobody has said this, but Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance is a great co-op action RPG in the vein of Diablo/PSO. The game isn't as visually interesting as PSO, but is technically quite competent (believe it ran at 60FPS). The character customization is fairly in-depth, as you assign points to various statistics as you rise in level. The only actual flaw in the game are a few clumsily designed platforming sections towards the end of the dungeons. All things considered, Dark Alliance is a solid game and well-worth the $15-$20 it fetches.

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:01 pm
quote : #9
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Zelda: Four Swords adventure. it's unfortunate that it can be prohibitively expensive, but definitely a multi-player RPG.

Last edited by elph on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:27 pm
quote : #10
elph wrote:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Zelda: Four Swords adventure. it's unfortunate that it's prohibitively expensive, but definitely a multi-player RPG.

Actually, it's not as expensive now as it used to be. Just pick up some cheap old gba's.

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:54 am
quote : #11
On that note, I was at gamestop yesterday and I noticed that GBAs are only $19.99 now. Woohoo!