Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Can you turn off the voices in Rayman 3? I recently found out this game has voice acting (which is insane considering the made up speech in Rayman 2 was fantastic). I watched some videos of Rayman 3, and the voice acting was annoying. I hate it when characters repeat stuff over and over and over again.

Can anyone shed some light on this? It would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:29 am
quote : #2
No I'm afraid you can't turn off the voice acting (although be aware I have the PS2 version and not the Gamecube version), but after the initial dislike, the voice acting grew on me. It has some brilliant laugh out loud jokes, and the voices for the Tweenies are funny.

I still prefer the made-up voices in Rayman 2, but the voices are in Rayman 3 cue for some very funny jokes.
Posted:
Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:53 pm
quote : #3
I'm kinda bummed to hear about this. The Rayman world doesn't seem like it should have characters speaking English. Neutral

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:04 pm
quote : #4
Yea the game fell off of my "urgent to buy list". Because of the voice acting it is no longer a priority. I am sure the game is great, but one of the best features from Rayman 2 was its unrecognizable speech.
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:15 am
quote : #5
I have recently discovered that Rayman 2 Revolution for the PS2 also has English voice acting. From what I've seen, it's not that good either. Sad I don't understand it.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:19 am
quote : #6
Woah... really? Rayman 2 on the PS2? That is crazy. No wonder the Dreamcast version is considered the best whenever Rayman 2 is mentioned.

I still want to get rayman 3, but it plummeted on my priority list because of the voice acting. The game LOOKS amazing. However, watch some of the movies of it on gamespot and you'll start to cringe when you hear the same one liners over and over again. There is a reason why they are called "one liners". They are supposed to be said...ONE TIME!!!! Not in an infinite loop.