Page Location: Home > Classic Nintendo > Topic
1, 2  Next
U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
First on the list has to be Dragon Warrior. I have played more of this series than any other. It is my all time favorite. Others are Master Blaster, any Mega Man game, Battletoads. and did any of you ever once own the Gyromite R.O.B.? I used to have that crazy robot thing but years of wear and tear took their toll. Of course you have to mention the original Metroid and Zelda titles. Anyway, what are some of your favorites for the NES console?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:16 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ninja Gaiden and TMNT The Arcade Game are some of my favorite NES games.

I left my NES powered on for days at a time with Ninja Gaiden keeping my location saved so I could pick up on it and keep playing.

TMNT The Arcade Game on the NES was pretty amazing. To get that type of a beatemup arcade experience on the NES was impressive. My brother and I spent countless hours playing it.

Oddly enough there are a lot of major franchises that I missed out on during my early video game years. I was always around Zelda when I was at friends, but never owned the game myself.
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:19 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
I left my NES powered on for days at a time with Ninja Gaiden keeping my location saved so I could pick up on it and keep playing.

hahahaha. Dude, I use to do that with the Super Mario games all the time. I remember waking up one morning and powering on the TV, and Super Mario 3 was on the screen. Turns out, my brother and sister had been playing the night before and made it to the final world. I sat there with my jaw open, gazing at this awesome mysterious world. Of course, I waited until they got up so we could try and beat the game for the first time! Smile

Anyway, I have a few NES that stick out in my mind. I played a lot of sports games back in the day. Played the crap out of a game called Sports Talk Baseball. That game had running play-by-play commentary, which really impressed me. The funny thing is that the commentary would lag if there was a play that happened really quickly. The inning would end and the next would start, and the guy would still be saying stuff like, "Throws to second. Throws to first. SAFE. Throws to home. OUT!" from the last inning. hehe.

I also remember really enjoying Super Mario 2. I know a lot of people didn't like that game, but I thought it was awesome. I can't really explain it, but something about it really appealed to me.

Tao
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:01 pm
quote : #4
Super Mario Bros 3 is, hands down, my favorite NES game of all time, although, to this day, I have yet to beat the game without the whistles. I used to watch my brother play that game for hours on end up at our house in Vail when we probably should've been outside sledding or something. :] We had the original Super Mario Bros on a three-in-one cartridge that also had Duck Hunt and World Class Track Meet with the Power Pad and Zapper. The only way we could beat the fastest runner in World Class Track Meet (Cheetah) was using our hands. :]

lordnikon wrote:
TMNT The Arcade Game on the NES was pretty amazing.

Yeah, that was another one of my favorites. All the kids in my neighborhood and I used to play that before we went out for night games. I must've beat Bebop and Rocksteady hundreds of times. Smile

Other favorites of mine were Burgertime (although my brother traded this for the Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers--another one of my favorites), Double Dribble and Back to the Future. I was fucking terrible at BTTF, though.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:37 pm
quote : #5
I still play TMNT on my NES with my buddys sometimes, great games.

I too, really enjoyed the Dragon Warrior series on the NES, I believe I have DW3 and 1. Except I really can't play 3 without leaving my NES on nonstop until I beat the game, since the battery in the cartridge is dead.

Also, Tecmo Bowl Cool

U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:53 pm
quote : #6
The problem is there was just so many releases for the NES and so many of them are great games. NInja Gaiden was extremely great. One of the most challenging 2d action sidescrollers I have ever played. And Super Mario Bros. 3 is a great game as well. As far as zapper games I played a lot of Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley. And you can't discount Tiger Heli. Mr. Green I take it that you guys didn't get to use the R.O.B. (robotic operating buddy)?

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:06 pm
quote : #7
I have this one Zapper game based of paintball, I can't remember the name of it.

Anyway, its a great game, I remember playing that game for hours when I was a little kid.

EDIT: I found my copy of the game, its called Gotcha! The Sport.

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14 pm
quote : #8
i was only about 5 when nes came out so i dont recall the names of all the games i liked. mario 3 is still one of my favorites of all time. kid nikki was pretty good. excite bike was simple but fun

i liked this hockey game idk its name but you got to pick 3 kinds of players either fat, normal or skinny. the bigger you were the more power you had and the smaller you were the faster you could skate. each team only had 3 skaters and a goalie

JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:19 am
quote : #9
Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy games

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:04 am
quote : #10
i just got my nes this summer, i am interested in the tmnt arcade game. I have tmnt for nes and even with its problems I enjoy it in short spurts. So a good tmnt game would be awesome to have. I just got paperboy this last week for 2 bucks. Ive heard its good.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:03 pm
quote : #11
paperboy rocks. i have a lot of fond nes memories and certainly a few favourite games. i'd say legend of zelda, adventure of link, super mario bros. 2 & 3, lifeforce, contra, punch-out, metroid, dragon warrior of course, capcom's disney games like chip and dales rescue rangers and darkwing duck... and really just a lot more. metal gear was great. tmnt arcade game is fantastic too. batman, ninja gaiden, rygar, little nemo dream master, bubble bobble, metal storm... this is turning into a list...

Last edited by Manji on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:49 pm
quote : #12
heh well since the system came out b4 I was born I am always happy to hear game suggestions. I have dragon warrior and the first 2 zelda games but havent really played them yet. Right now my favorite nes games out of the ones i have are rbi baseball and super mario brothers. I havent had a chance to play paperboy yet though.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:56 pm
quote : #13
oh yea paperboy is cool. you will go down streets throwing newspapers into mail boxes and onto porches, avoiding the hazards along the way (dogs, tornados and old people, weird stuff sometimes). at the end of a stage, you go through some kind of obstacle course. it's an addicting game. you'll probably like it.

i forgot about good sports games. i dont quite remember rbi baseball but it sounds familiar

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am
quote : #14
yea played paper boy for about 30 mins today. Really fun although it seems like the mafia put a hit out on this paperboy or something. Random ladies chase you and beat you off your bicycle haha.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:50 am
quote : #15
quit delivering bad news and they may spare you Laughing. i guess they're out to kill the messenger. or maybe a loved ones name was misspelled in the obituaries. it's fun to fire your newspapers at them too, it's like your only offense. paperboy lives in the ghetto.