Topic: I GOT MY KEYBOARD!!!!!

Page 1 of 1
Master Cheif
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I finally got a keyboard yesterday!!!!! And guess what!!! The staff at Babbages, dosent know their colors!!!!!So i call up, they say we have 1 in black, that is it, so i get there, look at the box, it shows a purple keyboard... okay, 20$ only one in my area, so what the hell? so i buy it, open it up, and guess what color it is?!?!?! TEAL, WTF, TEAL? well i guess thats o kay, but BLACK, to PURPLE, to TEAL? okay, well any way thanks for reading my completely pointless story! Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:17 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Is this the datel powerboard? They have it in a teal color because of the teal gamecube that was released. There was even a teal ascii keyboard. Pretty pointless to release the teal datel board though in the US. Man they should have given you a black or purple one, thats messed up.

I am also very into color coordinating my nintendo console peripherals. it would have been dope if my ascii keyboard was able to be in all purple. I have a purple/indigo cube.
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:41 pm
quote : #3
yeah, with my gaming i try to color-co-ordinate,not gay, but more of Uniform colors, my XBOX has all 4 the same type of S-type controlers, first comes Uniform fashion, then affordability, i have a black GC, but when the controllers are 34$ a piece, and at the same time 10$ a piece for uggg...Spice controllers, we can ajust abit.But anyway, my KB is from Action Replay, but again, 20$ you cant argue if its the only one in the area.
Suppa Buddha
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:50 pm
quote : #4
Nintendo should get an official one... pretty stupid how they didn't. How could they expect us to use the software keyboard or word select. Meh my thoughs runnin...
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:58 pm
quote : #5
Ohh yeah bro, Nintendos got one its a piece of crap, seriously, no bunk, its a normal controler with a keyboars, a full keyboard stuck into the middle between the handles.
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:10 pm
quote : #6
Actually, the keyboard/controller combo is made by ASCII. Neither Nitendo nor Sega had any part in developing it.
Posted:
Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:41 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Master Cheif wrote:
Ohh yeah bro, Nintendos got one its a piece of crap, seriously, no bunk, its a normal controler with a keyboars, a full keyboard stuck into the middle between the handles.

If your referring to the ascii keyboard, i have this keyboard. It is far from being a piece of crap. Everything about this keyboard is high quality. If you havn't used this particular keyboard before in real life, shouldn't be rating its crapiness.

The ASCII keyboard is the best keyboard for the gamecube. Unfortunatly it carries a heavy price tag, and has to be imported. The materials are all of superb quality. Carbon copy materials that were used in the making of the cube controller. The keyboard is completly custom, and built very well. Nothing about this product is crappy.
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:48 am
quote : #8
satoshi wrote:
Actually, the keyboard/controller combo is made by ASCII. Neither Nitendo nor Sega had any part in developing it.

But we had import that expensive thing, well I didn't. I just got an adaptor and $10 keyboard.
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:52 pm
quote : #9
I dont know how to put the segment above to which i am refering, but regaurdless, lordnikon, donk kick me off the site or anythig, but i did say earlier that price was a factor in my purchases, as well as availability is, so to import a controler i have used and still beleive is crap,no effence, is not worth the hassle, my style is to have a controller in hand, and keyboard in lap at a 45degree angle, the Ascii which i now no is not nintendo,my appologies, would throw off my system, the controller itself is good, but how ascii has it set up, it is to clunky, and to expensive to replace if it gets broken, its like a tv/vcr, one part breaks, be it the tv or vcr, it is junk, so why risk that on an expensive clunky controller that requires you to rearange your gameplay when you need the keyboard?

i dont feel that i would waste my time and money,what little i have, on waiting on a controller, i buy something when i need or want it so i cant wait for a keyboard that could take days to get.If you all like the expensive clunky ascii over cheap replaceable keyboard, thats your choice, i prefer poor ol' white kid 20$ Miscelaneous colored babbages store keyboard. Wink Mr. Green
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:34 pm
quote : #10
I just got mine too Very Happy

I ordered a Keyboard Adaptor though. So I can connect any PC keyboard to the Gamecube with it.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:21 pm
quote : #11
Datels KBs are a piece of crap this close to throwing mine out the window. ill just use there adapter thank u very much