Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:45 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just giving you guys a heads up that I will be buying Homeland as soon as I get my next PayCheck. So you can be sure there will be an abundance of information here on the site for you guys about this game once I get it.
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Good! Very Happy . I would have bought the game when it was released if i knew it was possible to play online. The language could be a problem but if it is possible to do some type of comunication online that we could understand it would be great. A FAQ would be very good too, but that would be easier to do if some people here has the game, we could share info with each others. But because there was no Western community here in OC i lost interest in it.

So I hope to hear good news about Homeland soon Nikon Cool .

PS: I haven't post much in this forum but I've been reading it very often. Same for all the OC forums (DC/PS2)

Posted Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:45 pm:

After the PSO news, not all is bad: I've ordered HomeLand (didn't ordered this because of the PSO news, was just a coincidence) so I'll give you all some info when I get it. It would be good if we could build a Western community around this title. It may be a Japanese title with some text, but it looks like we can write with the letters of our alphabet online, so thins will make it easier to have fun online Very Happy . The only problem though is that I’m afraid if with the Freeloader the Japanese alphabet is not displayed properly, hope it is or else…:/.

I’ve done a big research over the net and found all type of info about it…and there’s some very good available; maybe this can help us understand the game better. Maybe if all the people with HomeLand join efforts we can enjoy a lot this game, and since soon this will be the only online title online where we can put our Broadband Adapter to good use, I think people should give this game a try.

It’s impressive that people was always asking about another online game and when we get it all lost interest in it, just because it’s in Japanese. Of course this game is not for all but only for the Nintendo GameCube enthusiastics…

Posted Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:48 pm:

Hmm Confused Exclamation Why my last post was included in the old one... Shocked It says the time and day etc...so was not an edit...and i'm sure of it because i made a preview before... Surprised
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:14 pm
quote : #3
Wow Starwalker you took the plunge and ordered it! That is fantastic! I still have to get this game. I should have it soon. I have delayed buying it because I learned that the online mode may not become available until you have cleared the single player (any word on this?) Plus I had to put the money towards a different game for now which is pending termination.

I found some menu translations on the net as well as a few tips here and there for Homeland. I am sure this is a game we can figure out how to play over time and develop some guides so others can get into it easier. The big question about this game is: IS Homeland online forever?! Hopefully it has the ability to host a server seperate from the master list at chunsoft, so that we can play it online well into the future.

I will get Homeland as soon as I can Starwalker so do not feel like you will be alone in having the game. You will simply be an early pioneer with the title learning more about it than me or others.

Homeland uses a network kit called "MPS" aka Mass Player System. I have on order the OTHER online console game that uses this network kit. .hack//fragment for the PS2 in Japan uses the Mass Player System. I had to order this game instead of Homeland because .hack//fragment is going offline on January 18th. The game "might" be online forever though. I need to confirm when I actually get it here (it still has to be shipped). So, finding this out would prove good news for homeland, since each of these games use the godplay type system, where the server create acts as a dungeon master and sets up how the game is to be played.

Feel free to post here as much as you want when you get the game and we can discuss it. The main reason not many talks go on here is because nobody owns it yet hehe. So don't be shy about posting about your findings when you get the game. I will be sure to reply as soon as my time allows (which usually doesn't take too long hehe).
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
quote : #4
Very Happy

Well I thought with GOD Mode it was online forever...

Didn’t know anything about the .hack//FRAGMENT game really, but did a little research I found something. Sorce is IGN, I know they can be inaccurate but maybe not in this case, read it:

Bandai will not be charging a monthly fee for playing, but there's a catch. While Bandai is setting up a matching server, actual gameplay takes place on an "area server," which runs on your own PC. Specific details on how the PC and PS2 will connect should follow in a future update.
Bandai is actually making this strange Online system into part of the game. Your PC represents a section of the .hack world, and using dungeon creation tools, you can create your own dungeons and areas. This is, of course, in addition to adventuring through the worlds that Bandai has created.

Source: IGN.com, Posted June 29, 2005.

This is very interesting because it may prove that is different from HomeLand. While in HomeLand someone has to settle a server with their GameCube, and so not able to play like the others, but still has influence in the game (seems that GOD can control certain aspects of the game, and help, or not the other players), in .hack//FRAGMENT Bandai created a Matching Server, but looks like the game can run in the PC acting as a server. Probably this is as it will work when the game goes offline on January 18th if you are correct Lordnikon.

So if this theory is correct the game is Online forever because people can play online as long as someone creates a Server with GOD mode using the GameCube. While in the game .hack//FRAGMENT it has to connect to a PC to create a Server to be able to play “online”, and so even the person that creates the server can play normally online using the PS2, not as with GC where the person only acts as GOD and can’t play normally.

About unlocking the Online Mode is it just needs to finish the 1st World, and there are several Worlds. To unlock the GOD Mode, which means that it’s only possible to create a Server when we buy the Kamisama Mascot that require clear points to buy it (there are a few mascots to buy). Those clear points looks like are awarded buy the Gods when completing stories.

I’ll give much more info when I get the game in my hands. I will do the best I can to make this game friendly for people that want to give it a try. Maybe creating a website; using another person website or/and post FAQs here makes part of the plan.

Thx Nikon for the info and help Smile .
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:12 am
quote : #5
The fact that these games allow a user to control the elements in the game world (just like anyone hosting an FPS game and setting the maps and options), does not mean the games are online forever. Or that they work the same online.

Also, just because you host as a GOD server in Homeland does not meant it wouldn't be dependant on outside services. You may need to connect to a master list at ChunSoft first before hosting your GOD server, and for clients this may be the only way to connect.

.hack//fragment may work entirely different. The fact that you use a PC dedicated server / map maker to play the game online doesn't mean that it also uses some sort of authentication process that will prevent it from being taken online after the cuttoff date. They theories really get you no where. The only way to know for sure is to buy the game and verify it through real testing. Only then will we know how these games work.

What are you using to Boot the game? Freeloader?
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:55 pm
quote : #6
I will be using Freeloader yes, hope my version works with it or else have to buy other.

Hope we can clarify some things when I get it. If is not online forever hope its up and running for long time Razz .
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:02 pm
quote : #7
Japanese online titles have brutally short lifespans. So, the odds of the game being online for a very long time are slim. Even still, buying the game now to learn about it and experience it is worth the effort. There are many Dreamcast online games I wish was around to experience when they were online, but missed he chance.

So not trying out the game would result in some serious regret down the road.
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:40 pm
quote : #8
You right there, same happened with me even with European online titles. And the online game list for GC is so scarce that I would regret not buying Homeland now when there’s some possibility of playing online.

But the game offline looks so interesting and challenging that even if no online will be a fun experience to have I’m sure, hehe
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:51 pm
quote : #9
Okay! I finally did it! I ordered Homeland! I also got Action Replay. Its not the MAX one I don't think, but its listing at the site said it could boot imports, so that is what counts. I got Homeland for a sweet $60.99 total, and yes this includes shipping and handling.

Not only did I get Homeland out of the way, but also another game... (see Kirby forum hehe).

Did you get your game yet Starwalker?
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:38 pm
quote : #10
No, not yet, and probably will take some more time. I order it on 8th December but the game was available only in 1 week, so it was only dispatched on 15th December. But the problem is that usually it takes long time in the custom-house to dispatch it to me (sometimes have to wait a month or 2 if I use Airmail service), not to mention that I also have to pay custom duties, and that will increase the price a lot. The total price including shipping was US$ 63.50, but with the custom duties it will increase probably for something like US$90 in total. And I’m using Airmail, because if it was Courier shipment it was a lot more expensive.

Last year bought 4 JP games in Play-Asia using FedEx, just for you to know the total games + shipping was: US$ 294.00 (~250.10 EUR). But when the order arrived I had to pay more US$149.8 (~113.85 EUR).

And this is usually like this; here we pay even if is a small value, unless is really insignificant.

I don’t buy many Import games or stuff (JP/US) because they become very expensive. And my money is always very short.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm glad you also bought it Very Happy , this way maybe it makes things more easy as we can share info as we progress and hopefully try the online game when we unlock it.

You bought Action replay because you think it works better with the game or you didn’t had any import reader before?
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:17 pm
quote : #11
I got the Action Replay because it boots imports, and if I ever need to use the other features of Action Replay for research or something I figured it would come in handy.

Yea it will be cool to explore and learn more about this game finally. I was sitting here the other night and just got fed up. I whipped out my credit card and ordered all of the remaining cube network stuff that I needed. It is about time I had Homeland and Kirby.