Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does this sound like cheating to anyone? Lately the way I've been playing RE1 is that I play a good amount of the way into the game,then I get to antoher save point and reset before the save since after playing the amount I play I can anticipate where all the items and monsters are.Basically I'm just trying to keep a good amount of herbs with me saved up so whenever I get bit I just start all over and play to the same point perviously hoping I can avoid the bite then after I get to the point w/o gettin bit I'lll save and do the same thing all over again.Sound like cheating the game?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:58 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well you are playing offline so cheating isn't as notorious as if you were playing an online game.

I would try and play through without resetting. Losing is ok. Dying is ok. Once you start to get used to this then maybe you won't need to use the reset cheat. If you think about it, if you let yourself die when you actually run out of herbs you have to go back through and play that area anyway. You are cheating yourself out of a challenge in many respects. I would just play the game as normal.

Then again I havn't started playing this game or any of the RE's on cube. So my advice is sort of generic.

Maybe someone else with more RE experience can add some better comments.

(My RE games are still sitting sealed, to be played someday.)
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:55 pm
quote : #3
i think it's cheating in the sense of eliminating some the challenge, although i'm guilty of this too. sometimes if i feel i've done pretty bad up until a point, like using a lot of ammo, i'll reset and try things over again. bosses are a main example where i might use too much ammo and feel like i could have done better. then other times, i dont mind living with my bad aim or whatever other mistakes i've made, so it all depends on how i want to play.

Gforce
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:32 pm
quote : #4
Oh yea, I did beat this game. I can't remember, but I think I stopped doing what I asked about around maybe 2/3 of the way into the game.

I just kept doing it because I was under the impression there were no item boxes. So basically, I was freaking out at the thought of using up all my open item slots with items I couldn't even utilize.

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:38 pm
quote : #5
doing this actually eliminates the main challenge of the game: "TRY TO STAY ALIVE"...so yeah, what everyone else said basically. I suggest doing this when you are done with the game itself and then do the reset trick if you decide to just want to know where every single archive, item, key, puzzle piece, etc. is! you need to know this if you ever want to make a walkthrough for someone
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 pm
quote : #6
Sort of, it eliminates challenge, but Im also guilty of this. Sometimes I get really far into RE games and then start over. It useally is that I might have run out of ammo/herbs or spray and hurt badly and I'm basically screwed so I just start over and try to fix my mistake. People say that the knife can help, but in RE-RE0, using the knife is like using a suicide pill.