Page 1 of 1
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i was looking around and certain japanese releases (i've noticed a few of capcom's games do) have memory cards bundled with them, but they only have 59 blocks. i think for certain games though, they contain content already on the memory cards. for instance, capcom vs. snk eo has the colour edit data from the capcom team from what i read. however, i wonder if the memory card 59 that comes with biohazard and biohazard zero contains any extras or if it's just a nice thing capcom wanted to do for those buying the game? i know for myself, my original reason for buying a gamecube was for the resident evil remake. it was the game that convinced me to invest in a gamecube and i'm sure i wasn't the only one. so it's possible they made it easy and gave someone buying biohazard everything they needed to get started.

also worth mention is animal crossing. in the u.s., is animal crossing the only game to use this feature for extras on a bundled memory card? i think the memory card had certain NES games already unlocked from the start. maybe some other things too, i'm not sure.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:22 pm
quote : #2
I believe the only other game that came with a memory card as standard here in the U.S. was Pokemon Box. No idea if it came with any special data.

Lost Kingdoms 2 came with a memory card, but was a Best Buy exclusive deal. I believe this was just a standard Memory Card 59.

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:43 pm
quote : #3
interesting! i never heard of pokemon box until now. i'm not much of a pokemon fan, but it's cool nintendo does these things.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:08 pm
quote : #4
I had a sealed Biohazard 0 import. I opened it and used the memory card for research with Homeland. I actually meant to check it for a special item, but I totally forgot and was like * damnit! * right after I formatted it. Mad
rank 4
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2010 9:57 am
quote : #5
I think the memory cards were in there since some of the games that had them were released a little after the GC came out.