Page Location: Home > HomeLand > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:37 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is driving me completly mental that I can't get online without fulfilling some sort of requirement.

Do you have to finish 1 quest? Or do you have to beat the game? I swear if this game goes offline before I can finish the game and log network packets I will kill myself.
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:07 pm
quote : #2
erm, i thought this game allowed you to set up a server (from the gc)

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:37 pm
quote : #3
I am referring to in-game requirements. The option to take the game online is not available by default. Its not in the main menu at all. You have to beat a quest or worse, beat the entire game before you can get online. I am trying to figure out what in-game stuff I have to do in order to unlock the online capabilities. So far I havn't been able to find a documented answer.

Also, this game works just like any other online console game. Sure you can setup a server, but you can do the same in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. Its no different than any other match making game. This game has a master list. A middle man that must be accessed to network the game. If I can't log packets Homeland is dead forever.

EDIT: It looks like you do have to beat the single player game once before going online. I looked up some information and it says on a Japanese site this could take 7-10 hours of gameplay time. Toss in the fact that I don't know japanese, and this could double.
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:32 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Well I havent been playing Homeland much yet, I just tried once.

Yes I also think you need to finish the game once to be able to play online. But theres the adventure online option and the god mode, don't know if they are different. I know though that we need to buy the kamisama mascot to play god mode. from what i undestand maybe we make servers in god mode and choose this option to play in those servers. The online adventure maybe it has a master server.

The Japanese people that bought a broadband adapter together or just for HomeLand would not be happy if they close the only title they can use with the broadband soon. unless there will be always a option to play online for ever (LAN, or GOD!?).

Well for us will take long time to complete the game probably (or maybe not?), and i dont know if complete the game is doing everything possible offline. Maybe we can try what god mode is before...
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:58 pm
quote : #5
The Japanese players won't really react when Homeland goes offline. They arn't going to 'uproar' and start a revolt. Online games in Japan are only up for a brief time period. This is how it has always been.

Homeland is not online forever. It works just like any other online game. All this time there has been a misconception that "hosting your own server" meant dedicated server software / LAN. Homeland functions just like your average online console game, where you connect to a master list to join / host a game. Homeland simple has these options split up in the main menu. God Mode would connect to the master list and advertise your hosted game there. Online mode would connect to the master list to display servers you can play on.

Homeland has branching paths. So we don't have to completly finish every quest. We just have to make our way through a single path to beat the game once. However this will still take 7+ hours, which means 2-3 weeks of gameplay if one was fluent in japanese. It will take us much much longer because we have to constantly look up information, and test things out via trial and error.

I am going to try to get as far as I can this weekend so I can log the network packets for this title before it goes offline (whenever it does).