Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:22 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I finally own Jedi Outcast. The game cost me around 38.00 after shipping. I got it in pretty good condition. I have been curious for the longest time how well this game performed. Ports to the GameCube are often rushed, resulting in a dissapointing experience, muddy visuals, and horrible framerates. (I'm looking at you Judge Dredd...) I was really nervous about Jedi Outcast.

I first booted up a Deathmatch by myself, and ran around. I was instantly suprised to see the framerate holding up very well!

In many instances it will be running at 60fps. It is not locked to a set framerate. However once you hit complex map geometry or get into intense battles the game is no longer running at 60fps.

I should note that this game allows for up to 10 bots! I played two whole rounds against 10 bots, and the framerate was very good. I would say the game runs at 30-60fps throughout. On average, about 45fps.

Is this game worth 40.00? Yes it is. This is a quality port of the PC original. You can play single player or multiplayer, and even single player bot deathmatches. All of the character skins, maps, and configuration options are there from the PC release. You can customize your controls as well.

I have not tested out splitscreen yet. I would guess the framerate will be a bit worse, but the fact that it runs pretty smooth in 1 player DM with 10 bots, that is what matters to me first and foremost.

The bot A.I. is not dumb in this game. I had it on Padawan difficutly and was getting a very good challenge.

Please note that my comments about the framerate are restricted entirely to the multiplayer modes. I have not started the single player campaign yet.
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:20 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Congrats on finally getting it.