Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:05 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thanks to Importaku, who sent me his save with the online mode unlocked, I was able to get online for the first time. (Finally!)

I managed to get it working with both a US and JP gamecube. To get it running on a JPN gamecube you need PSO EP1&2 (non-plus) to transfer the save over the network to your japanese console formatted gamecube.

Starwalker do you want me to send you the file so we could try playing sometime? Do you know how to transfer files across the network to your gamecube using PSLoad and ctr-gcs?

Also, you can type in english, so as long as we are on Japanese GC's we can do this :] By typing I mean, via the on-screen keypad. Since this game does not support a keyboard.

I am so glad to finally get online with this game :]

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:29 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Cool! Very Happy ...Great news. Cool

I haven't played Homeland because my Q is broken Sad ...I connected the Q using an adaptor i had here and was not the right one to use so because here the volts are different 240v instead of 120v probably I blew up the internal power supply Crying or Very sad . I have now a proper power converter and maybe a person can fix me the Q. If not I have to buy a JP console or something if I want to play Homeland with good text.

Thank you for all info and for letting me know about it Smile . What's the format of the file, .GCI? If it is I can transfer that file to my memory card.

Yeah typing in English it's great since we can comunicate inside game Cool I have seen 1 pic with importaku writing in english, but it's good to have a confirmation. Though unless I can get my Q fixed soon, I'll have to use my EU console, and in this case can't type in english or any language really...lol.

I'm also glad you could get online and thanks to Importaku for sharing file Mr. Green
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:48 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I went online to record some video footage of the online experience, and I got on at just the right time. It was very wierd. I signed online and joined a server. Then in the main server area like 7 players all showed up. They must have seen me join or maybe they just got done with a quest. It was very wierd. All I could say to them was "US Player". They were all talking in Japanese and I have no idea what they were saying.

I feel fortunate to have recorded this on video. It is the perfect clip to have to show the basics of this games online. Also, since I saw people online playing, I can say for sure that this game is not entirely dead. There is a small dedicated community who still play this game.

This is good because Chunsoft said that as long as there are players playing, they will keep the game online. (I hope they stick to their word.)

I will email you the file Starwalker. Hopefully there isn't some sort of Login process, which is tied to this game save. If so the server might freakout if we are logging on with the same gamesave file. We will have to test and see.
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:52 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Nice to hear that there are at least a small comunity there Cool , maybe they can see people entering server!?. Hopefully we can make contact with some JP player one day. its not easy but always possible. Hopefully Chunsoft will keep those servers for very long time.

Everybody can access my email going to my profile now...for some reason I didn't put it available in GC forum, while in DC is is available. When i receive the file I'll try to try it as soon as possible. Very busy last few day..ufff.

Thank you very much Nikon Smile .