Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
After some speculation about EU GC servers being online too (along with the DC ones), it's not true. I tested it myself. Sure they didn't seem to have closed at the same time as the JP servers, but they are now closed. Not sure how long more they were up, haven't seen a confirmation of this yet. But at least since April 1st at 9:30pm GMT+1 they are closed. You can see message that I got in the screenshot section and on the newest screens section in the main page, and I have an active Hunters License now, though money wasted�XD. Also tried today at 7:45pm and still got same message�in fact picture of message was taken today.

People using NTSC US version were unable to get on since beginning of March and so didn�t get month free (nice job Sega US! *ironic*). The EU could play but had to but HL and so no month free.

Just want to add that PSO World stated that over 4000 people were playing on the Japanese servers at the time of closure, and that�s an impressive number, wow.

I sometimes think I was the only or one of the few playing from EU there in last months, since PSO World gave incorrect info about how EU got free month etc�I had to post there to correct them Smile .

I'll try to connect to GC servers next few days to see if there is any change about servers status, but looks like they are closed forever.

It have been good and I must thank SEGA for making an Online title, in fact 2 online titles for GC being the only company supporting GC online together with Chunsoft, and for being there always doing maintenance and supporting, even though I know they did that because of JP players. But the real SEGA is SEGA JP of course, so the bad job that SEGA US have done with PSO titles have nothing to do with mother house that is an excellent company and have been trying always to make some innovation. If it wasn't for SEGA probably this part of the OC forum didn't existed.

Thank you SEGA for all support!!