Page 1 of 1
Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Been playing Homeland this last few days and I’ve been enjoying it much. I’ve been able to connect online, thanks to Importaku and Lordnikon for sending the file that makes it possible connecting online. 2 days ago I finally connected online. I’ve choose a random server that I think was empty at the time (still don’t know what’s most of the info in servers yet) but after some minutes some joined, and I was able to start a conversation with him ^ ^. I grab his hands and he showed me a lot of things, including fought some monsters, and we did a boss. But at 1st was difficult for me because I barely had played offline too. But played like 1 hour and half with him, was very nice. Though because I had no experience before was almost impossible to decorate what he done, because I think most of the things if not all is the way we need to do offline. That person even told me his character name in English and mine heh.

Later that day I connected again (it connects to same server automatically it seems) and that person was there idle but found someone else, no conversation, though I give hands to the line of 10 (mascots/people) that person had Cool while he did some things just for some minutes, He left after.

Was happy and yesterday started offline and was able to understand almost all the in game menus, what do the items I grabbed and did some progress. It will not be easy to progress but I think I’ll love this game, and that language aspect makes it easier to enjoy since every little thing I discover is like an achievement and makes me happy. Like we said before all the game is beautiful and very enjoyable. Only a really small number of non-Japanese people will play this game, but everyone that will do it will have a great videogame experience.

Anyway after playing offline more, I was able to understand a bit more what I could do online, since it’s the same world with the almost same things to do than in the offline. The difference is that there are some things that are only accessible playing with more people (online). But something happen, and all the level-up and items got, etc that I got online was gone when loading for online mode. I’m wondering if the server that I played that day was not available, since you can only progress using the same servers, unless you really want to delect all you did and go back to initial. I’m sure I didn’t do that, but probably when the game was connecting online, maybe there was some option to choose or something, but since I can’t read Japanese couldn’t figure what I did. Was a shame to lose all that progress, also because I don’t know which server I was playing and losing that contact I had with that JP person though have his name both JP and English written.

Had to choose a mascot and connect again choosing a server again. Tried like 3 different servers. From what I understand being in some different servers, all people that are in the server work for the same objectives because if some group do things, even while you are not online, they are done for you too, the only thing that happens is that we don’t receive items etc from the objectives…very interesting!

Every time we want to change server we need to cancel all we did in the previous server. Maybe there’s a way to save some things etc, since there’s like 3 options when saving online, but don’t know what are the difference, maybe thats what I did wrong when logging off the 2nd time.

There were some more thing to tell but maybe that will be for next post since this is big already. Sorry to not post this before.

Nikon maybe we can set a meet this weekend to see if we can both connect online and maybe do some adventuring together Smile . I asked my brother to bring his photo camera so I can take some photos of the game online to have for remembrance. I can’t record anything since PAL video-recorder only record in 50Hz, in 60Hz all is black, and I have no other way to record.