Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Previous  1, 2
Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:03 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Cheers, had read that before but must have been to long ago for my old gray matter.

Laters

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:36 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
lordnikon wrote:
Control Sim is flat out not an option. The network code is buggy and outdated. I attempted to get it working in a local environment and I could not get it to work. I believe it only works under the most specific of circumstances. Setting it up is not userfriendly either. Until further notice from me, I wouldn't worry about control sim.

Note that all of the LAN games for the cube are best for just LAN gaming. They tunnel very poorly online because they sync each frame rather than positional data. By very poorly I mean 5 frames per second.

PSO is of course private access.

There is Homeland, however as stated here, you cannot simply boot the game with a Freeloader boot disc if you want to "really" play the game. Until there are some great translation guides up on the site, and you either buy a region modded gamecube or a japanese gamecube, Homeland should be put on the back burner.

i bought a used gamecube for 30 bucks at game crazy, plus a 10 dollar 1 year warranty. it came with 1 controller and all the wires.I got mario kart double dash also. However I just realized after I got home that I probably need a memory card to play. I almost got a game boy player too but the one they had was pretty messed up looking. Ill get 1 soon tho.

But yea I was wondering if its worth buying a broadband adapter for gamecube? I am only really interested in tunneling mario kart or the snowboarding game once i get it. Is the experience through xlink that bad? Or is there in any other program to tunnel this better? Ive seen Warpipe in other parts of this site but it sounds like that has problems too?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 pm
quote : #18
lazybum, the answers to your questions are right there in the topic you quoted from me.
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:43 am
quote : #19
yea lol sorry i had 3 hours of sleep last night, but yea i went back to the store cus my game disc was bad, and i found a game boy player and broadband adapter for cheap, so id still like to try mario kart dd thru lan tunneling sometime in the future. O and wow the game boy player is the best thing ever, i spent hours playing my old games like killer instict, boxing fever, and final fight one

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:19 pm
quote : #20
Well, I ordered my very own BBA on Thursday and I should be receiving it sometime next week with any luck. I never had the enduring interest to purchase this before now because I was put off by Nintendo's lack of support, but my love for PSO has outweighed any previous reservations I may have had. I love PSO, but the sad reality is, I've never experienced online play. Crying or Very sad

However, I have played it a lot by myself and multi-player with friends in the same room thanks to the split-screen cooperative. My friends have moved on with newer consoles though and I still want to play PSO in a clean enviornment. Also interested in Homeland, but I can't seem to find it anywhere and I imagine my search won't get any easier. Neutral

Anyways, I found it interesting the Network Adapters have black labels and BBA's have reflective labels. Kind of a neat distinction between the two.

Posted Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:17 pm:

Update! got my BBA now