Topic: Resident Evil Games

Page 1 of 2
X
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I know I'm probably quite late to play Resident Evil, but REmake has quickly become one of my favourite games. I was wondering will I like the others aswell? Are they as good as REmake? I'm thinking of buying all the Resident Evil games for the 'Cube.

By the way, I already own Resident Evil 4, however i'm waiting to finish REmake before I play it.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:47 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
October is almost here, and so to celebrate Halloween I will be playing the RE series for the first time. I am starting off with REmake. So I am further behind than you X, no need to be ashamed Smile
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:57 pm
quote : #3
RE2 and RE3 are just ports, they didn't change anything

X
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:10 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
October is almost here, and so to celebrate Halloween I will be playing the RE series for the first time. I am starting off with REmake. So I am further behind than you X, no need to be ashamed Smile

I'm sure you're going to love REmake Smile The atmosphere in the game is just awesome.

JKKDARK wrote:
RE2 and RE3 are just ports, they didn't change anything

Yeah I know, but I was wondering if they are as good as Resident Evil? I haven't played any other game in the series other than REmake.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:47 pm
quote : #5
Even though 2, 3, and Code Veronica are ports I still think it is cool to own all of the major RE games on a single platform.

I plan to play through the entire series on the GameCube. (Though I will probobly play Code Veronica first on DC, and then Code Veronica X on cube.)

There are quite a few franchises you can do this with on the GameCube.
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:35 am
quote : #6
I finished REmake last night. Awesome game. Took me 15 hours 39 minutes. Now I am starting RE4 on the GC. Lets see what all the fuss is about Very Happy

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:29 pm
quote : #7
I believe RE2 was considered the pinnacle of the series for a bit.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:44 pm
quote : #8
The remake of Resident Evil is great on Gamecube Smile

Mcmonkey: A lot of people still consider RE2 to be the best RE to date. Even ahead of RE4.

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:25 pm
quote : #9
Type: PAL
gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:
The remake of Resident Evil is great on Gamecube Smile

Mcmonkey: A lot of people still consider RE2 to be the best RE to date. Even ahead of RE4.

I've played all Resident Evil series as they were released. Here is the sequence I've played: Resident Evil (PSX); Resident Evil Director's Cut (PSX); Resident Evil 2 (PSX); Resident Evil 3 (PSX), Resident Evil Code Veronica (DC), Resident Evil Code Veronica Special (DC-JP), Resident Evil 2 (DC), Resident Evil 3 (DC), Resident Evil (GC), Resident Evil Zero (GC), Resident Evil 4 (GC). Also played the Resident Evil for Saturn some months ago.

My favourite was always the original Resident Evil, but when the Remake was released of course it better but the feeling was the same so I put both in same spot, after is Resident Evil 4 and in 4th Code Veronica. My least favourite is Resident Evil 2. What I think its funny is that most people only started playing Resident Evil games when the 2nd was released that's why its what many people say was the favourite, but for those who played the original RE at the time it was released it's the favourite.

I personaly prefer much more the enigmatic feeling on the original (not to mention its originality) than the dissapointing all action and boring places of the RE 2. When they started making RE 2 it was supposed to be in the streets more than in side houses, but at the half of the developing for some reason they remade most of it, that's why RE Director's Cut was released to cover the void between the release of the 1st and the 2nd game. For me RE 3 is what RE 2 should have been. Of course RE 2 added better cinematics and is better technicaly but with boring atmosphere.

I loved RE Code veronica when I played it on the DC. RE Zero has an excellent start but it's boring after the inicial part in the Train in my opinion of course.

Btw didn't play RE 2 and RE 3 on GC because PAL version is in 50hz, it has clean backgrounds but the DC version its at 60hz and I could play on VGA so I prefer this versions.
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 pm
quote : #10
I finished RE4 last night. Fantastic game, however the series has definitely moved away from the original 'atmosphere' it had. It's just action now, which is still great.

I want to get the Chicago Typewriter but I don't know if I can bothered to save up all that money just to get it. Although it must be pretty sweet. Anyone here unlocked the Chicago Typewriter or the Hand Cannon?

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:12 pm
quote : #11
X wrote:
I finished RE4 last night. Fantastic game, however the series has definitely moved away from the original 'atmosphere' it had. It's just action now, which is still great.

My experience with the Resident Evil series is admittedly limited (I own and have beaten RE4, RE2 and made it half-way through REmake), but I agree with the above statement. The ambiance and chilling atmosphere of the original batch of RE games has been replaced with a Michael Bay-esque approach to horror. I was never once terrified in RE4 because I was lacking in herbs or ammo. Instead, I felt like a one-man zombie killing machine dealing with supernatural circumstances. The down-to-earth, some might even say archaic, aspects of Resident Evil were sacrificed in order to appeal to a larger market more concerned with killing and wreaking havoc rather than investigation.

RE4: Still a great game? Yes. But has the series partially lost its original rooting? Again, yes.

X
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:48 pm
quote : #12
^ Yeah I agree. I have finished REmake and it had such a chilling atmosphere at times (most of the time). When I was playing RE4 at first, I was quite disappointed to see that the atmosphere and fear was gone, however I did find it quite enjoyable with the selection of weapons and it is fun to play. The only bits I got scared in RE4, were the parts with the 'Regenerators' and the 'Iron Maidens' I didn't like those at all. Laughing

Another thing I miss is the large amounts of items which have gone. In the original, I loved combining objects, and examining objects to find they turn into something else, which would then be used to open a door for example, or fix into somewhere. In RE4 it was all about selling the objects found, which I didn't enjoy all that much. However I am glad ink ribbons are gone. And the briefcase idea is much better than item boxes. Overall though, out of the two, I prefer the original (REmake).

Overwatch
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:45 pm
quote : #13
I have obtained the Chicago Typewriter. It a real blast to use but a pain to get. Took me almost 2 times through the game until I got it , but the satisfaction was pretty high. Also if you don't use the special rocket launcher at the end if the game and start over with the same save, you can in turn sell the rocket launcher for enough to get the Typewriter, that is if you beat Agent Ada or whatever its called.

X
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:35 pm
quote : #14
I now have the Chicago Typewriter!! Very Happy I completed the game again, this time saving all my money and selling complete treasures. Then I had to beat Assignment Ada, which was a right pain. This gun is very fun to use.

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:25 pm
quote : #15
I actually Have all of the Gamecube Resident Evil Games, so you guys can actually ask me for almost any type of help! (I also have a playlist on You Tube Dedicated for Resident Evil (Both Remake and Original), just look for KingKnnibal666 and search my playlist, it is very short!(The remake RE was done by some dude named Louischou(He has alot of good quality Full Walkthroughs for mostly Survival Horror games and other types) and the Original was done by another guy)
Heres the URL for the playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8439125750181C81

There is a "Play all" link on the right side of the list if you don't want to see each video manually!