Topic: Resident Evil Games

Page 2 of 2
X
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:04 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Ok i've started playing Mercenaries, and I don't think i'm going to be able to get the HandCannon Sad it's too hard! I thought I was pretty good at RE4 before this Laughing

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:39 am
quote : #17
I have to play RE4 again to tell you how to get the hand cannon(I can't remember that gun in RE4)! Have you gotten all 4 of the Merc characters? In the Mercs, I suggest you use Hunk(that's if you unlocked him or I might be confusing it with the PS2 port of RE4) only because he uses the Sub Machinegun(I think) and you mostly get alot of ammo after killing a Ganado or an iluminado! but then it gets difficult when one of the chainsaw guys (specially the one with 2 chainsaws) come out to play! that is about all I can help you with right now unless I find a link from a website to help you out! oh! I almost forgot, I have a playlist containing the full walkthrough from RE4! here is the link if your interested:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6E4B0B30CC4DFE9B (There is a "l> Play All" link on the right side if you wish to watch all 6 of them)

you can always ask me for advise and stuff for any RE game if you'd like!
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:57 pm
quote : #18
I will check out your vids dude. By the way you get the Hand Cannon by getting 5* rating with all characters on all maps.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:33 pm
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
The only Resident Evil games I've played on the Gamecube are Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Zero, but I beat neither of them. This is because I, like lordnikon, wanted to play through the series in order, (though unlike nikon, I didn't care about playing the Gamecube version of each one.) I have completed the Playstation and Nintendo DS versions of Resident Evil, (with Chris and Jill, respectively,) and the Nintendo 64 version of Resident Evil 2.

I have stopped here, because I am deciding which version of Resident Evil 3 to get. (Playstation, Gamecube, Dreamcast, or Windows.) Most likely, I'll just choose the cheapest version I can find. I'll probably play Code Veronica X for Gamecube, afterwards, and then move onto Zero and then 4. I'm not sure when I should play REmake.

By the way, nikon, when you mentioned that you were going to play through all of the games in the series, did you choose to play them in chronological order, or in the order in which they were created? I'm just curious.

X
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:54 am
quote : #20
Just to update, I got the Hand Cannon in the end, Mercenaries was complete hell.

I'll probably play RE2 next, i'm thinking on Dreamcast though. Anyone know which version of RE2 looks better: Gamecube or Dreamcast VGA?

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:37 am
quote : #21
I haven't compared each version side-by-side, but according to this guide, the Dreamcast version has higher resolution backgrounds than the Gamecube version. I'm not sure which one has more detailed character models, though. (To my understanding, both were enhanced from those of the Playstation original.)

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:03 pm
quote : #22
i've played each resident evil game, many times across many consoles. if i were to narrow it down, i would agree with starwalker who said the original RE and the Remake hold the same top spot. i like how they added defense weapons in Remake (Jill had the tazer and dagger, Chris had the grenades and dagger) but they took them out in REŘ and RE4 if i remember correctly, which was disappointing.

i actually pre-ordered and bought the Remake for GC way before i could afford a GC system, so i held onto the game for a very long time until i could finally play it.

shoutout33
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:38 pm
quote : #23
Well, for what it's worth, I'd only be interested in the remake for the GC, as well as RE 4, and Code Veronica if they made it for the GC. To me, the others really aren't worth the time unless you're a RE nut! Mr. Green Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but the first RE (remake), was cool for me, because of the overhaul on the graphics. As far as I know, they kept everthing the same like the PS One ver. but added way better graphics. For RE 4, it's everything being unrendered. :p Really, I mean at the time they decided to pull this off, it was a really big ordeal for the RE series. From this point on, you will never see another CG background ever again. Whoohoo! No more crazy stupid camera angles!!!! Yayyyy! Laughing Mr. Green As far as Coder Veronica is concerned, had it on the DC and didn't finish. Go fig.

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com