Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was wondering about how people who have played each version would compare the two. I know that the Gamecube version features GBA connectivity, and about the inclusions of the original PoP, but I'm not concerned about such "bonus," features. I am wondering about framerate, etc. Normally, I would expect the XBox version to have the best performance. This is because, when making a multiplatform game, most developers, (well, most western developers, at least,) create the XB version first, and then, "slim it down," to work on the Gamecube and Playstation 2, as they overall are less powerful. However, I read somewhere that POP: SOT is an exception, and that it was actually originally intended to be a Gamecube exclusive, but later in development, they decided to develop the XB (and Playstation 2,) version, and thus the GC version has the best performance, and the XB version suffers from framerate, etc. However, I also heard on one forum that the XB version is best, whereas the GC version "crashes like a m***." Does anyone know which, if any of this, is true? Regardless of whether or not you know which version was developed first, can you say which version has the best performance?

EDIT: I censored out something. I'm not sure if it was too vulgar, but I didn't want to take any risks.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:21 pm
quote : #2
I own the GC version and would put it roughly on par with the PS2 version in terms of performance. I have played the Xbox version as well, which seemed to run at 60 FPS. I'm not going to get into my personal feelings over the game, but if you are looking for the better performer, I'm afraid the Xbox wins this round.

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:11 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I'm not entire sure for what console it was 1st developed, but the Playstation 2 version was released first and only some months later they released the GC and Xbox version. They added some improvements to the GC and Xbox version including some bonus like the Making off. I have both PAL versions, in fact I have all the trilogy for GC and Xbox and in my opinion the Prince of Persia series are one of the best UbiSoft conversions because they are very similar for all the consoles (not like other UbiSoft titles like Slinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six etc...). Even though I have GR 2 and all the SC games for GC because I like to see the differences and they are different Smile .

In the PAL version the GC games are in 50Hz which is a shame, all UbiSoft conversions for GC are in 50hz, but thats not a problem in the NTSC version I suppose. The Xbox version has better effects, like lightning, smoke etc...but the GC version is still very good, and I suggest getting the games if you don't have a Xbox, or want to play them on the GC because you have the same game just a little bit inferior in detail. The Xbox versions are a little superior, with the GC versions in 2nd and the PS2 in last because maybe that's the only version that might suffer from framerate sometimes... The GC and PS2 Sand of Time doesn't include the PoP 2 bonus but really you only will probably play them if you play them when these games were released I guess for nostalgia.

I even offered PoP Trilogy for PS2 to my brother because I loved the series and theres not that many differences between the consoles probably except the Sands of Times were the PS2 version is probably a step behind the others because was released first.
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:08 am
quote : #4
I would like to thank both of you for your insight. My family actually has bought the XBox version already, expecting it to be the better version, so I'm glad to see that we apparently got the "right," version, indeed.