Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Sub-One
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey guys, I was looking at the Online Game List and saw Animal Crossing there. I have Animal Crossing and I never noticed this, what kind of online functions does the game have?

JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:57 am
quote : #2
Read the Important Information

Quote:
In Animal Crossing, visit the shopkeeper, give him an object with the name and town of the person whom you want to give the object to and he will give you a password in return. Give the password to the other player and his shopkeeper will give him the object. The trading is enhanced by the differences between every town. At www.animal-crossing.com there is a newspaper of events in the Animal Crossing kingdom. Passwords are included that reveal secret objects in the game.

Sub-One
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:49 pm
quote : #3
Ohhh, thanks. I though you would be able to travel to another town, thanks again for clearing it up for me Smile .

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:15 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I read in an interview that Nintendo originally considered using the broadband adapter and/or modem for online play, but decided against it, because they thought that not enough people would be interested in online play, or something. The baffling part is that in spite of this, they have/had (I'm not sure if it still exists,) an area on their Japanese site for people to trade items through the password system. If they were willing to do that, then why didn't they just integrate the online functionality directly into the game, too? Ah, well. The making of the decision is in the past, now. At least we still have said password system, (and the official website is still online, too.)

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:58 pm:

I have another question. Does anyone know when in development the decision to nix the game's in-game online funtion was made? I'm curious about this.

importaku
rank 3
Posted:
Sun May 25, 2008 4:58 pm
quote : #5
Theres sort of an online function in the japanese E+ version of animal forest. If you use the gamecube sd adapter you can choose to make a copy of your town & email it to your friend. They can then visit your town do things & then send it back. When you get it back it merges with your town & al the changes they made are added to your town.

Only works if they have a sd card adapter as well though.
Posted:
Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
importaku wrote:
Theres sort of an online function in the japanese E+ version of animal forest. If you use the gamecube sd adapter you can choose to make a copy of your town & email it to your friend. They can then visit your town do things & then send it back. When you get it back it merges with your town & al the changes they made are added to your town.

Wow, the fact that Nintendo was willing to do all that just makes me all the more baffled that they didn't just go the whole ten yards and implement modem and BBA support. (It's also a shame they [apparently] took that feature out of the American release.)

BTW, do you know of any other releases that support the SD card reader?

importaku
rank 3
Posted:
Thu May 29, 2008 5:22 pm
quote : #7
MasquedWarrior wrote:
importaku wrote:

Wow, the fact that Nintendo was willing to do all that just makes me all the more baffled that they didn't just go the whole ten yards and implement modem and BBA support. (It's also a shame they [apparently] took that feature out of the American release.)

BTW, do you know of any other releases that support the SD card reader?

Well it wasn't taken out of the american version it was something new they added as japan got 2 versions of animal forest.

In the original plus version you couldn't link the ereader direct to the game as it didn't have a link port. Your island could only be visited if you had a gameboy advance linked to your gamecube.

Nintendo then released the american version which got a lot of new stuff added that the japanese version didn't have. Firstly they released a new version of the ereader which was able to connect directly with the gamecube. You could goto your island without the need for a GBA & you could download NES games into your GBA when connected.

Back in japan nintendo took the american version & added more features & released it with the new ereader as the E+ version. The new stuff in the e+ version was the ability to have objects built in your town from nooks shop, stuff like a clock or a giant yoshi egg or even a helipad. When yougot bitten by a mosquito Nook's actually sold medicine to cure you. You had the ability to take pictures in the game at any time by pressing the Z button & then if you had a sd card adapter you could copy them off the game & save them to your pc. & there was the town copy function for the sd card adapter like i mentioned above.

Only one other game used the sd card adapter in japan & that was pokemon channel,