Page Location: Home > Classic Nintendo > Topic
gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i gave my non gaming girl friend my SNES. she likes DK country games and marios. all of witch i got for her. the only game left i can think to get her is a kirby game, im thinking super star

she hates RPGs and sports games. she likes simple games and some puzzlers she has Dr mario/ tetris.

does anyone have a suggestion that she might like?

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:37 pm
quote : #2
super mario all-stars would be a great choice since it includes mario 1-3 and super mario world (there are two editions actually, one with smw, one without). i hate turning this into a list of games, but i'll mention a few and maybe some will stand out. i'm trying to keep in mind what this individual likes, since you say simple games and puzzlers. suggestions: the lost vikings, lemmings, disney's aladdin, zombies ate my neighbors, darius twin, super mario kart, super valis... and i've found even those not fond of rpg/adventure games, still enjoy legend of zelda: a link to the past.

im not good at making suggestions for non gamers because the most they like is tetris and mario and that's about it.

Last edited by Manji on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:44 pm
quote : #3
gary_b, I wouldn't try to get her more more more. Let her settle in on the titles she does have. Maybe get her 1 or 2 more games and leave it at that for now. She has little experience with playing them and needs time to let the gameplay sink in for a bit. I think she may eventually really like RPG's, especially SNES ones. However, she is not ready for that yet right now.

I would get her "Sim ANT" and a kirby game, and have her stick to the Mario's and Donkey Kongs. Let her play those for a few months, and if she comes to you looking for more recommendations for different things, then maybe explore some other options.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:04 pm
quote : #4
@Manji she didn't care to much for aladdin. i already gave her mario kart. i know for sure she wouldn't get into zelda. the women hates anything that looks like an rpg. another one i had her try was the loin king. she didn't care to much for it, though it was on my game gear. so it might be that she didn't like the feel of the game gear.

as for what you have said nikon. i agree 100%.