Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:11 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Official news from Nintendo at the Games Convention in Germany, 2 games were revealed to feature LAN compatibility. 1080° Avalanche will feature LAN capability and will support up to 8 players.

Also revealed at the Convention was footage of the upcoming Star Fox game currently in development by Namco. Star Fox will use LAN play as well in its multiplayer modes.

Check out the official poster from namco on starfox.

source
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:43 am
quote : #2
ughhh... more LAN
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:33 am
quote : #3
Yay for games... too lazy to type more... tierd...
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:05 pm
quote : #4
i like the sight of starfox, but not fox, only Falco, now hes a badazz, a bird, with a gun, and a spaceship, and a leather jacket like the fanze, only strait, and a bird, and... beter than fox, he should like assasinate fox o somting, it makes more sence to have a falcon as the leader of jets and stuff, not a fox Twisted Evil
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:29 pm
quote : #5
McRing_Ring wrote:
ughhh... more LAN

And that's bad? Personally, I'm happy that Nintendo's got a way to play games against other cubes. Gamespy'll come in and provide net software, or the Warp Pipe Project will do that instead.
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:34 pm
quote : #6
i only got 1 cube i would have to pay at least $300 dollars Canadian to play 2 player LAN im just saying that i dont have PS2 or Xbox so i really am beginning to feel like getting a PS2 because all other systems are advancing in online console but GC isnt. for me LAN is no better then 2 player split screen true i probably will use the LAN games when my friend gets a GC but thatr might not be for a while
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:04 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
The thing i think people are not grasping here is any game with any sort of internet networking features is a good thing. If its LAN there is the possibility for the games to be tunneled ONLINE. The more games that have the LAN compatibility....the more games we could play online using a tunneling program.

Since Nintendo has practically given up on supporting actual online games and kinda leaving it to the developers, hell, I savor anything that has LAN or online support. I was tickeld pink that Kirby was lan compatible. Now we are 2 more LAN compatible games! This not a bad thing, this means more options, and the possibility of tunneling them online.

The chances of Nintendo going all crazy and releasing a flury of online games isn't high, so tunneling LAN games is our only real hope right now. Soooooo get excited this is 2 more LAN games, not just 1 more....but 2!!!!!!!!!! I find it very exciting. Razz
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:10 pm
quote : #8
Yeah, any connectivity is good.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:37 pm
quote : #9
well put very well put... i guess i didnt like it because i dont like snowboarding games or starfox much either. am excited mostly about Mario Kart and Kirby the thing im looking for most is PSO 3 probably havent been good with card games mainly because my foes had like $90 cards that i couldnt touch
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:51 pm
quote : #10
I'm not too excited about 1080 either, but I am a big Starfox fan. I can't wait for the second game, and its multiplayer options.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:12 am
quote : #11
The original 1080 was alright on the N64. The tricks were kinda hard to pull off, though, and i always felt that the characters were way too big for the environment (this still seems to be the case for the new 1080..) StarFox, on the other hand, is a perfect game for LAN play. I loved playing multiplayed StarFox 64 with my friends and brothers, it was a blast. Especially when everything was unlocked (LandMaster Tank anyone? I loved the tank. I never did try the on foot one though..). From what I've read, the new starfox is more multiplayer based than anything, with coop missions and being able to ride on the wings of other players' ships, so it should be pretty cool to see how this turns out. And, according to www.n-philes.com, the game is only 20% complete. With 80% more to go, they'll be able to add a LOT of stuff.
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:00 am
quote : #12
ill probably get Starfox just to see how good i am at it did play it and pwned my brother Razz but what im waiting for is a lan FPS (First Person Shooter)
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:05 am
quote : #13
Quote:
Star Fox will use LAN play as well in its multiplayer modes.
so i could play split sscreen with my bro and someone else can play split screen there too? for sure im getting it now
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:31 pm
quote : #14
McRing_Ring wrote:
Quote:
Star Fox will use LAN play as well in its multiplayer modes.
so i could play split sscreen with my bro and someone else can play split screen there too? for sure im getting it now

Most likely. It's gonna be that way in Mario Kart too.
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:00 pm
quote : #15
That will be cool. My brother and I can fly coop missions.