Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Mirwan
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
A friend of mine recently bought a different nintendo console, so he sold me his Gamecube. Since he no longer needed it he gave me a deal of selling it for only $10. Im excited to play through some games on the gamecube that i missed out on. I have a week and a half til im done with college for the summer so ill have to wait a little bit to get playing.

I recently got a few games that i always wanted to play. I first found Phantasy Star Online 3 complete for only 5 dollars used. Then i was able to find the Zelda Collectors disk complete that has the 4 classic games on it for $30. I was also able to find a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes online for $27 shipped. I think its players choice but i guess i can't complain because this is a hard game to find. Im really looking forward to playing this. I am a big Metal Gear fan and always wanted to play this game through with the updated graphics and such.

I am looking forward to experiencing the following games:
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Zelda Games
Mario Kart:Double Dash
Smash Bros
Paper Mario
Starfox Adventures and Assult
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron games

I am also looking to get a broadband adaptor for my gamecube. I have a friend who has Mario Kart Double Dash so im interested in trying that out with LAN. I know they are only around $15 on amazon so ill look around there and probably get one eventaully.

Also does anyone know where to find Gamecube controllers for a good price?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:54 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You got a great deal on the gamecube, and also a really solid deal on Zelda Collectors edition. That usually sells for 10 dollars more than you got it for. The Master Quest disc sells for 30 usually, and the Collectors edition disc for about 40.

You said you are looking forward to experiencing Metroid Prime 1 & 2. Have you never played these yet? If not, you are in for an epic experience.
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:12 pm
quote : #3
i played only a little of the metroid prime games. I played the first one a small bit at a friends and played some multiplayer once in the second one with some people. i noticed that the metroid games are fairly cheap. the first one sells for around $7

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:24 pm
quote : #4
You have most of the best single player games for the cube in your list, but don't forget about beyond good and evil if you haven't played it already. It's a fantastic game, and in my opinion the GameCube port is the best console version.

Mirwan
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:07 pm
quote : #5
i just got around to opening the box that i got my twin snakes in and i was excited to find out the sealed twin snakes i got was an origional version even though the order said players choice. It just made the deal so much better.

nibelheimpromise
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 pm
quote : #6
Twin Snakes is such a solid game (no pun intended. Really.) And the fact that you got an original pressing rather than the player's choice version makes it all the better. Enjoy that game; I liked it so much that I beat it in two sittings. And that's quite the feat seeing as I had already played and completed MGS on the PSX numerous times.
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am
quote : #7
i enjoyed Starfox Adventures but i didn't care so much for Assault. have you had time to play both of these games yet? i am wondering what you thought of them?

shoutout33
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:22 pm
quote : #8
Hey Mirwan! Congrats on the Gamecube ownership. Here's my opinions on some games:

PSO- You have to get this game if you've never played it yet. Very good action RPG!

Anything Zelda, especially Windwaker...

Definitely get Starfox Adventures! Final boss is a real &^@$% pain though. Sad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad

Metal Gear: Twin Snakes- Just get it...please get it.

Even though I don't have them in my arsenal yet, get Resident Evil and RE4. They are the best of the RE titles on the GC from what I've heard. The others are good, but these two are the best.

I second the loveliness of the Metroid games, but I can't play them, due to my motion sickness with FPS'. Damn. Embarassed

GET MARIO SUNSHINE...PERIOD!!!

A really nice looking fighter on the GC, would be Bloody Roar (no. 3 I think...). It really shows of the beauty of the GC's color capabilities and the models, both human and animal form, are really, really nice.

Good choice with Paper Mario, 'cause you're going to be playing it for a looooongggg time. :p (You were talkin' about the RPG right?)

Second on Good and Evil too. Damn good game! Mr. Green They need to make a sequel or something!!! Shame my wife beat it before I did...actually, I couldn't beat it. LOL!

One really, really good shooter that folks have slept on, is Alien Hominid. Nikon had a thread on where you can pick the game up directly from the developer. (Still need to get this one too...)

There are some other really good games out there, but this is all I can think of right now. Again, enjoy your Gamecube!!!

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com
Mirwan
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:43 am
quote : #9
Here is an update of what all i got with the gamecube so far.

Zelda Collectors Edition: Finished first Legend of Zelda game(NES) so far
Zelda:Four Swords: only tried out a little
Zelda Twighlight Princess: Im playing through this now
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes: finished playing through once
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metroid Prime
Smash Bros Melee: Played this a good bit
PSO: III played this a little bit

I also got the game boy player and a network adaptor

Im still looking to get Starfox and the paper mario rpg is close on the list too because its easy to find at a good price
its been a blast playing so far

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:51 am
quote : #10
damn....I wish consoles costs like that, we need those kinds of prices, specially when you needgames on the double...