Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:57 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
In Japan, Nintendo is releasing a new GameCube controller, with GameCube branding. It will be Pearl White, and is coming out sometime this month. This is pretty cool. If you are an Ikaruga fan and own a Black GameCube then this controller would make a good fit Wink

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-2ola.html
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:25 pm
quote : #2
lordnikon wrote:
...If you are an Ikaruga fan and own a Black GameCube then this controller would make a good fit Wink...

Haha! I had heard about this new controller previously, but I didn't think of that. Anyway, my controller collection's pretty monotonous and dull, in terms of colors. (One lavender, three black.) If the cords of the black ones are tangled up, I can't tell which cord belongs to which, because the plugs and controllers are all the same color! Having controllers of different colors would alleviate this problem.

Because I now have two working Gamecubes, and two BBAs are shipping in the mail, I could use an extra controller or two, for Mario Kart: Double Dash.

What's also noteworthy is that the new controller's cord is three meters long, which is 1m longer than those of the existing models, but that doesn't interest me much, as I don't seem to remember having much of a problem playing with the existing length.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:20 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
In Japan, Nintendo is releasing a new GameCube controller, with GameCube branding. It will be Pearl White, and is coming out sometime this month. This is pretty cool. If you are an Ikaruga fan and own a Black GameCube then this controller would make a good fit Wink

Did you ever buy that controller? I'm not a fan of anything white that you put in your hands because no matter how clean you are it still manages to get dirty.

shoutout33
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:45 pm
quote : #4
Can't see pics because of the dreaded websense ! (I'm at work... Razz ) So I Googled it...cooollll! Mr. Green I love periphrials man...love 'em. Thought I saw a white Wavebird though, but realized it was for the Wii...damn. I have the platinum version, so I don't think it'd go with my system. Either way, nice find Nikon! Cool

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:37 pm
quote : #5
i ordered one of these on friday or saturday - i don't remember. but i'm probably going to get all different colors for the four controllers i'd like to have, plus maybe one more for extra. i think the white looks nice and would go well with the black console too. i like official color controllers, they make me happy Smile

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:47 pm
quote : #6
cool, nice that gamecube stuff is still being made in japan
elph
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 pm
quote : #7
Now all we need is a white wavebird!

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:19 pm
quote : #8
MasquedWarrior wrote:
What's also noteworthy is that the new controller's cord is three meters long, which is 1m longer than those of the existing models

oh how true this is. i got my controller in the mail today and the cord is really long