Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:23 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
what is the major change in the story line? i don't seem to notice it! to me it all looks the same except with improved graphics and a way larger mansion. Are there any bonus story segments? I did a run through of both games all in one day and I can't spot anything that is different(maybe that one part in GC when you fight some lady that has her hands cuffed or something but that's about it). Thanks for any piece of info...
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:17 pm
quote : #2
As far as I know, even though I haven't played the game Crying or Very sad Mad , Everything is the same, except for the prettier eyecandy. I could be wrong, but this is one thing I definitely remember.

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com
JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:37 am
quote : #3
Quote:
In 2002, the original Resident Evil was remade for the Nintendo GameCube. This was part of an exclusivity agreement between Capcom and Nintendo that spanned three new games. The title includes a variety of new gameplay elements, environments, and story details as well as state of the art visuals. Shinji Mikami has stated that the remake is "70% different from the original."

The game is notable for its nearly photo-realistic environments, all of which are pre-rendered. The remake features all-new graphics and sound, and also incorporates gameplay elements from the later installments such as the use of body language and the 180-degree turn, introduced a new running style which was also used in Resident Evil 0, and several new areas and rooms were also added to the game. The overall plot remains largely unchanged. The original live-action FMV segments were redone in CG, with the voice acting done by a different cast. The script was rewritten to have a more serious tone and improved translation, as opposed to the cheesy B-movie dialogue and "Engrish" script of the original. Gameplay mechanics are largely the same although most of the puzzles have been changed and the player can equip a defensive weapon that can be used when seized by an enemy.

Additionally, the remake features many unlockable game modes, secrets, and various endings not found in the original. It also restores the George Trevor subplot, and splices other main characters of the Resident Evil plot, such as William Birkin and Alexia Ashford into the game's backstory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_(video_game)#GameCube_remake

Wink

shoutout33
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:04 am
quote : #4
Yeah. What JKKDark said. Razz Laughing Mr. Green

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com
Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:25 pm
quote : #5
Damn...there sure are changes I haven't noticed before reading this...of course I knew about the minigames but my confusion was mostly about the story line...haha...

thanks alot ppl