Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
ok i just got a gameboyplayer, i was wondering if it was possible to use my gba as the controller while i play gameboy games on the tv? and if so how ? do i need a special cable? also for multiplayer gba games would i still need a second copy of the game to play multiplayer with some1 else?

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:29 pm
quote : #2
I doin't knw anything about the GBAas a controller, but for Multi-Player it's the same as is if you where playing with you'r regular GBA. There are some games that let you use just one cartridge and others that still need you to have a game for each person depending on how many players are playing.
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:04 pm
quote : #3
ok thanks, and i found out i do need another cable i guess

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:41 pm
quote : #4
no problem....I used to be an avid GBA gamer but not as much I am now...portability is just there as way to entertain myself while away from my 'stay home' consoles...
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:59 am
quote : #5
i used to like my gba alot awhile ago, but since it was a portable i didnt play it much after i got into home consoles, now that it plays on my tv its resparked by interest in game boy and gameboyadvance games, i havent bought one in years but i will start again now

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:58 am
quote : #6
I would say to get the Hori Digital Pad, which is a SNES looking controller for the gamecube. However these are going for high prices. To play games on the GBA Player, go with a PS2 controller converter and any PS1 controller ranging from the original controller minus the analog sticks to the Dual Shock 1. The reason being is that the buttons aren't analog, and are digital. Thus they yield instant response.
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:41 pm
quote : #7
i just picked up a nintendo brand black controller,(the game crazy is right on my way home from work, cant help but to go in hehe) yea the controller pad is much better than my off brand controller. The wire is really short and annoying but once i get the extender that wont matter. On the superpad i have the d pad is circular and the arrows are all connected together. Its annoying cus u cant feel which arrow ur pushing sometimes. I also noticed that the dpad on the nintendo controller is like exactly the same size as the gba dpad, so gettin the gba to work as another controller isnt really a neccesity anymore unless i wanted to play some multiplayer with game boy or gba games.

I actually find using the nintendo gamecube controller for gba and gb games pretty close to using the gba since the dpad is the same size. Now i can play my fighting games for it like normal. But i may still check out that converter thing to use ps2 and ps1 controllers for it, I would be interested at how it works with game boy games.

Posted Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:11 pm:

yea the gamecube dpad is a little to small for my fingers and makes it really hard to play games like dr mario , tetris and fighters, cus i keep pushing the wrong direction, where can i get that hori gamepad? i looked at pictures of it and the dpad is gigantic *drools*

if its too expensive I guess i can settle for buying the ps2 controller adapter