Page 1 of 1
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
there has to be a topic for this game in the nintendo classics...

does anyone else have fond memories of this game? i know i do. this was a game that took so much of my time in story mode and even more so in multi-player mode. Rare really developed something special and the engine has been carried over to the Timesplitters series as far as i can ascertain. i always had some friends who wanted to play and multi-player was local phenomenon in the area i lived so it was really great.

i was an unstoppable force in multi-player! i knew the level layouts so well i could keep my characters view fixed towards the ground and still find my way around the levels. this gave me an additional advantage because if you ever wanted to know where someone was at all you had to do was look at their screen so this gave me a chance to hide and spring into action or follow someone around without them knowing. i remember the character i used most was the siberian special forces Smile. the people i used to game with liked oddjob because he was short and therefore a slightly more difficult moving target to hit. the N64 controller was perfectly fitted for Goldeneye too.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:07 pm
quote : #2
Yea, this was the game that got me into fps. This was the game that made me beg my parents for a n64 for months until they finally got me one for christmas. I played the single player soooo much too. I would just play levels like runaway to face off against the endless respawning enemies and see how long I could last hehe.

Multiplayer was so great for this game. I was still playing it with people even up until a few years ago. I really wish they make an online version of the multiplayer someday. I know there are a bunch of companies that have ownership of the game so probably wont happen. But, I still have hope hehe. O, and for the people I played with it was like a rule that no one used oddjob. Since he was so short he had a cheap advantage.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:17 pm
quote : #3
lazybum wrote:
Yea, this was the game that got me into fps.

this was also true for me to a large extent. in the beginning, i had played turok and enjoyed that, doom 64 was okay too but this was all before goldeneye took over my life. it totally made me look at every other first person shooter game through a newly developed... golden "eye" Laughing. but seriously it's true, i compared every similar game to goldeneye after that. i reeeally liked turok 2 during it's time and the multiplayer was fun, it's just that somehow goldeneye did everything better and set the bar so high, anything less was uncivilized.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm
quote : #4
yea i still judge games somewhat based on if they are as fun as golden eyes multiplayer hehe. I never got to play the turok games heard they were good though. Reason why I like the timesplitters multiplayer so much is that it has a similar feel to goldeneye. Like armor health meter in multiplayer even looks the same. Some guys from rare are on freeradical ive heard.

Perfect Dark was even better than goldeneye, but it came out at the end of n64s lifespan and not many people i knew had it so couldn't have the multiplayer fun like with goldeneye.