Page 1 of 1
lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:06 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just found out about this on a digitpress thread. http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc314/Sparkleguild/N64/Hori.jpg and http://www.yamatoku.jp/img/92856035a.jpg
I did not know this existed. It is really expensive. It looks cool though. The stick looks like a gc one. It seems like it could be good if the stick doesn't wear out like the n64 original controller. Anyone happen to own this? It cost like 50 bucks so is kind of taking a big chance to buy it.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 pm
quote : #2
sorry for such a late reply on this. it's an interesting controller. hori is supposed to make pretty good products so i bet this works well. looks kind of strange with the d-pad centered as it is but i'd pay about $30-35. if the analog stick is as reliable as the gamecube's, then i'd say it might even be worth $50 in the long run because we all know how the standard N64 joystick ends up over time - loose, squeaky and unresponsive.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Wed May 20, 2009 10:49 pm
quote : #3
yea even at that high price it is tempting for that gc style joystick. But I am somewhat concerned that using that controller would make some n64 games way too easy since you wouldnt have to deal with the crap n64 joystick.
gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Wed May 20, 2009 11:27 pm
quote : #4
i think the price is to high. i would want to buy 4 and these are not affordable enough to buy 4. for these that would be $200 bucks. there is no chance in hell that i would consider getting 4 of these. idk if i would even consider getting 1. for the price of one of these i could buy 4 used official controllers. i just started getting back into N64 again, so i will be looking for a solution to the crappy control sticks on my old controllers. atm i'm thinking the best option is going to be to stock up on used official controllers. or to buy some replacement joy sticks off of the web.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:59 pm
quote : #5
I inquired further about this controller on digitpress.com and someone linked me to this thread of a guys review of the controller.

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/single/?p=4773&t=7155127

This makes me really hesitant to pick this up now unless I can find one cheap. He confirmed some of my concerns about this controller. Maybe it was just in his mind, but he said the gc style thumbstick felt a little too sensitive, making games feel harder than they should. I don't want to be using a thumbstick that is too different from the official nintendo one if it makes games play differently than they were made to be played. I already knew the dpad would be crap on this, but I don't care about that much. Plus, seeing his hands next to the controller makes me realize that this thing is way too small for my hands probably. I can imagine lots of hand cramps from this

But still, I would still like to try one, but for 50-65 bucks for it I do not think I will get that chance.

Also, here is a thread

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7155127/1/

with countless other third party n64 controllers reviewed by people at that same site. It looks like 95 percent of them are just unusuable. That black 2 pronged superpad sounds like it might be worth trying out.
Mixwizzard
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 pm
quote : #6
How have I not heard of this yet?

Totally buying one.