gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:56 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i finally got a Gamecube keyboard adapter. i plugged it in to test it on a normal keyboard and it started to bug out on me. i would hit a key and it would repeat that key until the screen was maxed. the keyboard i used to test it is normally hooked up to an old PC running windows 98 for my PC-DC server, so i knew it worked, or so i thought it worked. i use to have a ton of keyboards laying around. but they all went missing on me.

the only other keyboard i could find was the wireless Logitech for my main PC. so i gave that one a try and it works great. i don't want to keep swapping keyboards when i need to play some PSO. so now i need to grab another cheap kb, or locate my other ones. i had like 4 or 5 of the bitches Laughing i also tested the PlayStation controller portion of the adapter with a dual shock. it feels extremely funny playing PSO with the dual Shocked but i bet other games will be kick ass with it.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:57 pm
quote : #2
Awesome! Now I just need to find a keyboard adapter for my brother. Where did you end up buying yours from? I know you were looking for one for a long time.
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:19 pm
quote : #3
i got it from Amazon.

i almost gave up on finding one. i had a few links bookmarked from various places, while checking on all of them i saw one at Amazon used for $4.99 + $3.99 S&H. 9 bucks is a rather nice price for one of these. here is where they list them. you can check back every now and then for one. that is how i got lucky.

i got another KB now too. its not one that i like, but it beats changing keyboards around all the time.

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:53 am
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
Awesome! Now I just need to find a keyboard adapter for my brother. Where did you end up buying yours from? I know you were looking for one for a long time.

They still have these listed as in stock and new from a previous thread.

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=gamecube-keyboardjoypad-converter-2in1

Thats where I bought mine with no problems.

Not sure if they ship internationally but if they wont I could always post these on for the price of postage.

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:34 am
quote : #5
if my conversion is accurate then the total including shipping should come pretty close to $25.51. based on their shipping quote "Priority International Airmail (Airsure) (Shipping to US : 0.15 kg £8.77" that's not bad, if i didn't already have one i would get one from here. below is their international shipping policy.

"We ship internationally, a delivery cost price will be available during the checkout. Shipping to international destinations will be made using the most appropriate method, generally using Royal Mail's priority 'Air Sure' or 'International Signed For' services."

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:12 am
quote : #6
http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=gamecube-keyboardjoypad-converter-2in1

So, has anyone ordered from this site and had it shipped to USA? Amazon is out of stock of this. I am thinking about starting up pso so want to be able to use kb chat when I do. Is this adapter the only option to get a kb working on GC besides buying that gc controller/kb thing I see around?
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:28 am
quote : #7
the hybrid gamecube controller/keyboard looks so weird to me. ive never ordered from the place you linked to, but they have an email and a phone number, so thats a good start. if you're worried about doing business with them, i would email them and see how long it takes to get a response and what sort of response you get back.

there have been places where i email them and get a response like a month later :S, so a place like that wouldn't get my money. i also expect a business to be friendly and accommodating to the customer.