MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Fri May 01, 2009 9:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/7188.html?type=mov
Resident Evil 4 gameplay, in which Leon Kennedy encounters what appear to be poltergeists. That would be something quite different, as all of the previous Resident Evil games focused on biological experimentation, rather than the paranormal. I think it could have worked. As it was, what we got was a bit different, anyway.

The distant camera angles remind me of that hoax called something like "Resident Evil 4: Classic," which was just the PC version, heavily modified.

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sat May 02, 2009 8:26 pm
quote : #2
i think RE4 would have been a success either way. i know Capcom wanted to try something different but the early build they had looks just as amazing and in some ways better to me. i never had any problems with the original camera and control system.

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Sat May 16, 2009 4:12 am
quote : #3
wasn't that a version exclusive to JP?

I beleive so cause the text is JP
-_-
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:01 pm
quote : #4
Is it just me, or does this have WAY better graphics than what we ended up with...?

Most likely because some of the environments are pre-rendered, but really? If they could have done this, they could have made the final product better overall.

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:27 pm
quote : #5
Kannibal wrote:
wasn't that a version exclusive to JP?

I beleive so cause the text is JP
-_-

It's just one of the many early builds of the game (one of which eventually became the first devil may cry!). The japanese release was the same as the other releases of the game (except, I think they got rid of the decapitations). It's in Japanese because the language of the developers. It wouldn't make much sense making a game in a language you don't understand would it? Wink

Athronox wrote:
Is it just me, or does this have WAY better graphics than what we ended up with...?

Most likely because some of the environments are pre-rendered, but really? If they could have done this, they could have made the final product better overall.

Non of that video is pre-rendered, you can tell by the camera movement. It only looks that good because of the video quality.