quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus
Release: November 27, 2003 (Japan)
Developer: Sonic team
Price: Yen 3,980 (euro 31/USD 34)

"Plus" elements:
- The game will include the current online-only Tower quests as offline quests (seat of the Heart, East Tower, and Control Tower).
- A new Challenge mode will be present
- GBA game Downloads: Chao Garden, NiGHTS Score Attack, and Puyo Pop should all be present (these are/were attainable online, but will now be available offline).
- New weapons and equipment.
- Character data can be transferred over, similar to the way DC PSO characters could be transferred to DC PSO v2.0.
- The game will run on the same server as PSO Ep I&II.
- Sega: "PSO has over 600,000 registered players [across all systems], and is the world's largest online RPG."

Visit PSO Plus press site

Thats right a new updated version, I am shocked personally. This is so great!!! This news was released in a press release of upcoming games to be featured at the Tokyo Games Show. Now my main question is, will the plus version apply patches to the game, such as a patch that would cut back on duping and eliminate the need for the double save?? Very Happy This should be very very interesting. I will provide any more information as soon as I hear anything.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:46 pm
quote : #2
I just hope they release this in the US too. That'll be cool. I wonder if the "new challenge mode" will be Episode 2 challenge mode?
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:38 pm
quote : #3
I'm moving to Japan bye.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:07 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, I hope it comes to the US. I would buy it for sure.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:57 pm
quote : #5
if it comes to US i would buy it in a milliesecond scratch that microsecond hope it get rid of duping and other stuff like that it would be sweet
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:05 pm
quote : #6
The main 2 features i see here for this release is:

New Weapons
Online content is now Offline

Personally I won't buy this game unless it has some new patches to further protect your security. There really is no new content to the game other than some new weapons.

People already paying 8.95 a month for a hunter's liscense have access to all of this already, online. Its what we are paying for. So i kinda feel I already have this stuff since its just sitting there online for me to play anytime I want to.

But you know whats really really really GOOD about this release? What if the GC servers ever do go offline? All these great new quests and great online features are now in an offline format in hardcopy, preserved for the future.
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:28 pm
quote : #7
AND you get Ep 2 c-mode (offline only) before regular ep.1 and 2 users get it. They'll get it later online.
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:45 pm
quote : #8
Evil or Very Mad hopefully lordnikon wont remove THIS post, so ill make it plain and simple, I dont want the plus version Evil or Very Mad
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:02 pm
quote : #9
I don't get online right now, so that's why it's so important to me.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:39 pm
quote : #10
GC servers wont go down for a long long time i mean ive heard that the new Nintendo sytem and PS# wont be out til 2006 so we still have plenty of time
Posted:
Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:15 pm
quote : #11
I heard 2005, but the later, the better I say. The SNES was out for so long and got a lot of quality titles. They need to stretch the lives of consoles out a bit more. I don't need a new console unless it has some kind of ultra-significant over its predecesor. Right now, I have ethernet connectivity, smooth and fluid 3D graphics, and incredible perpherials; I don't need much more until some sort of innovative new peripherial is developed that will be a must have.

Nester
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:48 am
quote : #12
I'm just hoping they put in offline networking!!! Me and my friends hate doing 2 player because the game cuts the top and bottom of your screen off!! It's ok in some cases but man try fighting the dragon and when he flies up you literally can't see any of your chars!!! No joke. And I hope they optimize the code if you play offline with 3 or more chars and start fighting the game lags horriblely. Online as well if you fight Ep2 with 3 or more and the force is casting gifoi and other lingering spells the GC just can't keep up with it... Sad really because I know it can do it they just need to work on it.

But I am all for patches! Everything aside I would much prefer fixing the existing code for these glitches first though.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:57 am
quote : #13
Offline networked PSO would be fucking incredible. Seriously i would go crazy if they released that. However I doubt they will, because if someone figured a way to tunnel it, then it would mean by by $$$ for them, many people would stop paying for hunter's liscense.

If gamecube version (whenever it does years down the road) go offline, then they should release a offline network compatible version. After the fact.

That would work perfectly.