Page 1 of 1
MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:51 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I did a search to find out what DMG stands for, (by the way, it stands for Dot Matrix Game, what the Game Boy was called early in development.) During the search, I stumbled upon this: http://maru-chang.com/hard/gb/english.htm It featured a bit on the Game Boy Color mobile adapter, which I had heard of already. The article says this: Service of the mobile system GB was ended on December 14, 2002. However, PIA-to-PIA is possible.

If this is true, then there may be some Game Boy Color games that can still be played online. Has anyone looked into this? I looked up specific cell phone models mentioned in the article, and got to pages about them. However, I don't know enough about how cell phones work to know if you can still even get service for any of those models. I don't even know what PIA stands for, in this context. A wikipedia search showed no links that seemed relevant. I also found out that the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal was compatible with this peripheral.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:21 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I looked and I can't find out what PIA stands for as well. I think it would probobly mean some sort of direct connection.