Topic: PC Keyboard adaptor

Page 1 of 1
shoutout33
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Wanted to know if there are any PC to GC keyboard adaptors still out there. If so, how would the setup be? Would you plug the controller into port 1 and the keyboard into port two? I've seen the PS2 converter, but it seems like you can only use the PS controller with that setup. Not 100% sure on that one though. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:07 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
i have a "sharkboard", which is basically just a black keyboard the Gameshark company made. it works as you say when it's plugged into controller port 2 and a controller is plugged into port 1.

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:27 pm
quote : #3
i have this adapter. i am pretty sure that i have had it plugged into controller ports 2,3 and 4 before but the only game i have used it with was PSO. so i am thinking that it could be based on the game as for what controller ports are allowed?

nooitzben
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC
I was really hoping there was some GC keyboard adapter somewhere...none on Amazon or Ebay as of now. I was thinking of getting an adapter just for chat. It's takes awhile just to communicate if you are online with PSO using the controller. I've seen GC keyboards too but not sure where is a good place to purchase one.

kbuzz
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:58 pm
quote : #5
I bought this wonky thing

It's just a bare pcb with no casing, but it works well enough.

Everynewday84
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 pm
quote : #6
I've got that same "wonky thing". For the most part, it works fine. It does sometimes scramble key signals, though.

Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm
quote : #7
I saw the same one, but gave it a miss. Too 'wonky' for me Confused

Always wanted one of those cool all-in-one pad/keyboard combos

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:37 pm
quote : #8
I have a keyboard adapter made by Gameshark. It works for PSO, but it does scramble some key inputs. Does anyone know of an adapter that doesn't scramble any of the letters? I'm not going to track down that fancy keyboard/controller combo...

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:25 pm
quote : #9
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
Does anyone know of an adapter that doesn't scramble any of the letters?

I have a Mayflash 2-in-1 keyboard converter for the GC that works great. I've never had any issues with scrambled letters or sticky keys. Here is what the converter looks like, courtesy of Play-Asia.

The only issue is that tracking a Mayflash converter down isn't easy. nikon passed an eBay link along over Jabber several years ago right as supply was drying up. Here is something on Amazon that looks very comparable to what I have if you're interested.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:30 am
quote : #10
I just bought that adapter off of Amazon, so we'll see how it works when I get it.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 pm
quote : #11
TheMytho wrote:
I have a Mayflash 2-in-1 keyboard converter for the GC that works great. I've never had any issues with scrambled letters or sticky keys.

I just received my Amazon item and it was indeed a Mayflash 2-in-1. However, just like my old adapter, it expects a japanese style key layout. That means that the ' key comes out as the : symbol as well as a few other switch-arounds. It's really hard to type contractions when they look like "I don:t know what to do about this adapter. It:s starting to bug me"

Does your adapter do this? If not, could you post a picture of the PCB? Maybe it's just a jumper or something that changes it.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:18 pm
quote : #12
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
I just received my Amazon item and it was indeed a Mayflash 2-in-1. However, just like my old adapter, it expects a japanese style key layout. That means that the ' key comes out as the : symbol as well as a few other switch-arounds. It's really hard to type contractions when they look like "I don:t know what to do about this adapter. It:s starting to bug me"

Does your adapter do this? If not, could you post a picture of the PCB? Maybe it's just a jumper or something that changes it.

My adapter has the same exact issue. It's something I've learned to live with.

At the very least, the Mayflash adapter shouldn't be scrambling any letter inputs. Is it working fine for typing letters?

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 pm
quote : #13
Letters are fine. I:ll just have to live with it too I suppose. Wink