Page Location: Home > Classic Nintendo > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:49 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I made this thread to cover the NES Classic releases on the GBA in Japan and North America.

So I bought Star Soldier for the Famicom Mini series from Japan. I was floored when I opened my box from play-asia. The packaging for the imports of the Famicom Mini releases are un-believable!!!! They come inside of a clear plastic encasing, with a pull tab on it for hanging on a rack. Inside of this case, is a cardboard backing with a center indentation, and then a center groove in that cardboard which holds another small cardboard box that contains the GBA cart. This smaller cardboard box looks like the NES cart.

I have to buy all of these now. The packaging is simply amazing. The plastic outer case actually has printed famicom designs on it also. Its not a hard plastic, but a flexible plastic.
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:44 pm
quote : #2
Pictures?

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:48 pm
quote : #3
that sounds really cool. Yea, pictures would be nice. Also, do import gba games work on us version gbas? Also what is star soldier about? It a good game? I never heard of it.

I guess I will talk about my nes classic gba games since you want to keep that in this thread. I have dr.mario and excitebike out of the nes classic games. Dr. mario is really awesome having on a handheld. It also has a save feature for your high score which is very nice. It has a sleep mode too, so you can conserve your battery and leave it on and finish up a game later. I was less impressed with excitebike. Perhaps it was more fun back in the day, but I found it kind of boring. Now there are tons of flash games that are just as good or better than it.
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:47 am
quote : #4
Ok guys here are some pics. I didn't take these. Instead I scrounged around on Yahoo Japan for some good shots. Saved me some time. As you can see, the packaging on these is pretty involved. I cannot stress to you how nice they look mint and on display. Notice the pull tab in the last picture for hanging it up on a rack. It is not stickered onto the casing, but is part of the actual case itself.

rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:17 am
quote : #5
ya, that looks pretty awesome. Nice how the very outside case is plastic so it can keep the cardboard parts looking nice.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:20 am
quote : #6
it's an interesting design, i like how the game is off-center and the clear plastic with the cardboard gives it a layered look.