Page 1 of 1
Athronox
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
My Gamecube came in the mail today. I bought it used from Gamestop, and to my surprise it was in perfect condtion. No dust, no scratches, absolutely great. I'm really satisfied. Now I just need to hook up my broadband adapter to get online! Woot!

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:14 pm
quote : #2
i think it's hit or miss with Gamestop, although its great to hear the one you received was in excellent condition. broadband adapters are affordable as well so hopefully you can pick one up without much trouble. really i think most gamecube peripherals are which is nice.

Athronox
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:19 pm
quote : #3
Indeed it is. I've had so many items come home scratched and unplayable from Gamestop that its unbelievable. I took a chance this time however, and it looks like it turned out alright. Plus, you cant' argue with $30 for a great system loaded with awesome games, eh?

By the way, question. What is the Gamecube PSO community like here? And by that I mean, is it fairly active? If I'm accepted, will I be able to find a game relatively easily? I've actually never played PSO, so how it works is pretty new to me.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:58 pm
quote : #4
In regards to pso read this.

http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/psoaccess.php

and gj on getting a gc!
Athronox
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:01 pm
quote : #5
lazybum wrote:
In regards to pso read this.

http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/psoaccess.php

and gj on getting a gc!

Thanks.

What is the population like though?

I can't wait to begin playing once I get online. I heard that it has really vast, beautiful environments like beaches and mountains, etc. Hopefully I get accepted in 6 months Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:33 pm
quote : #6
Rather than sending out admin notices regards to this thread discussion, I decided it was just easier to reply to this thread and then leave it up temporarily, because if I send out an admin notice and delete the thread immediatly it makes it harder for people to see how this situation went wrong.

Remember OnlineConsole's has a very structured message board system. We try to keep each thread focused on a single topical subject. This thread started off with a random comment about buying a gamecube and is now splintering off into other subjects with no real focus. Lots of other forums on the Internet work where you can pretty much say anything they want, anywhere on the forum, without any action from community moderators. OC works quite differently than this.

As stated in the forum description at the top of the GameCube Lounge, this forum is for all NON-ONLINE related discussions. Online related posts should not be made here in this forum. Furthermore the discussion of PSO should not take place on public areas of the site. I know people do have some questions about the PSO area here, but that will be addressed soon in a pending FAQ.

Also, remember in posting in the future use the "search" field at the top of each forum to see if a quality topic already exists for the subject matter you wish to discuss. As there may already be a post that covers something, and the search function works quite well.

For more information on our community forum rules please read the following thread:
http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_site_rules.php

If anyone has any questions about our forum rules or community policies you are more than welcome to contact me via PM.

This thread will stay up for a few days so people can read this, and then will be removed.

Thanks all,
-nikon