Page 1 of 1
toon.head85
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
It came in the mail today! Now for the mod.
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:07 pm
quote : #2
congrats on the getting the game!

do you know how to mod a gamecube? i think a region switch sounds easiest to install, although i have no experience with either.

Athronox
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:17 pm
quote : #3
Congrats! I'm sure it was pretty hard to come by, and I sure do hope you have a good time with it.

By the way, why not just use a Freeloader instead of modding it?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:28 pm
quote : #4
Athronox wrote:

Because when you use Freeloader with certain Japanese games the text displays all garbled as ASCII characters instead of actual Japanese text. So with Homeland for instance, the menu options run off the screen, and actually entering the text string necessary to route Homeland Online is near impossible because the chat menu becomes busted. It also means any future guides OC posts about Homeland will be useless. Since were are translating from Japanese to English and simply cannot do the same for the game booted using Freeloader.
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:44 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
Athronox wrote:

Because when you use Freeloader with certain Japanese games the text displays all garbled as ASCII characters instead of actual Japanese text. So with Homeland for instance, the menu options run off the screen, and actually entering the text string necessary to route Homeland Online is near impossible because the chat menu becomes busted. It also means any future guides OC posts about Homeland will be useless. Since were are translating from Japanese to English and simply cannot do the same for the game booted using Freeloader.

Ahhh. That explains it. I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to the technical side of things xD.

You're translating it eh? That's a huge undertaking, I definitely commend you all on that.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:48 am
quote : #6
I am not translating the entire game, but merely creating a beginners guide. So people can at least star playing it.
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
I am not translating the entire game, but merely creating a beginners guide. So people can at least star playing it.

I'd apreciate a guide. I started it but got completely lost.
Posted:
Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:32 pm
quote : #8
yea me too (well not completely lost, but since it's in a language i'm not entirely fluent in, it takes more time than usual to figure out and get the hang of). my progress on Homeland is currently on hold. Wink