Page 1 of 1
ecxiao
rank 1
Posted:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-J
I know no one's posted to this board in the past few years, but I have a serious question. If you were to use a freeloader, xeno gc hardmod, or other to run an NTSC-U/C game on an NTSC-J console with a broadband adapter, could you use LAN tunneling (or use LAN in general) with NTSC-U/C consoles with the said game?
Posted:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:17 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sup ecxiao,

Sorry I missed this post.

I don't think I have a system with a Xeno GC Hardmod, but I do have a system with a region switcher. I think network functions should work just fine. I have Kirby Air Ride for Japan and US, along with a US system, US System + Region Switcher, and a JP system so I could try tunneling these to see if they interfere with the BBA at all.

Are you trying to boot a burned copy of the game? or?
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:57 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-J
Not trying to boot a burned copy of the game, just trying to see if a US game and modded JP console will work with a friend's full US setup, as I'm debating on installing the hardmod for myself.
I might as well also ask if a JP game + JP console (one with or without modifications) could work with a US game + US console, as I also have that available, and it would eliminate the need to install a Xeno GC for me in the first place, at least in terms of LAN tunneling.