Page Location: Home > Game Organization > Topic
lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is one time proximity of the players can be ignored when tunneling a GC game lol. I want to tunnel with someone living far away from me so that I can record video of how terrible the frame rate drop is. People (including myself before) are not really able to believe it can be that bad and want to see it for ourselves. I think it would be useful to have video of the problem so others can see what we are talking about when we say GC games are basically unplayable over Xlink until internet speeds greatly improve.
MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:01 pm
quote : #2
The only computer that's working right now gives me the message, "error initializing PSSDK_DLL" when I launch Xlink Kai. f I can fix either problem by Saturday, I will suggest 5 PM GMT-5, tentatively.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:20 pm
quote : #3
Xlink frequently has fits of not wanting to open. I get random errors too, just keep trying to reopen it, sometimes it takes 5-6 times but it will open up.

Err, I don't know about that time though. I am on the west coast so gmt-8 time. That would be 2pm for me and I might not be awake yet lol.
MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:27 pm
quote : #4
I reinstalled it, and it works.

More importantly, it CAN'T be Saturday, I'm working in the evening. I'll schedule it instead for 9 PM GMT-5 Friday... unless we coordinate something on the spot through jabber between now and then.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:41 pm
quote : #5
I will try to make that time on Friday, but cannot really commit because I do not know my schedule for that day yet. If you see me on jabber or skype before then feel free to message me to play.
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 pm
quote : #6
I would like to try it to see how horrible it will be, if I am around that is. If I'm on Jabber on Friday, then there is a decent chance I can try it.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 pm
quote : #7
Well, I won't be able to do this now or any other online gaming for awhile. Found a bunch of mold in my room and it was even worse than I first thought. So, I am moving out of this hellhole starting tomorrow.

Posted Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:47 am:

Well, I will be getting my 250 ft internet cable back again tomorow, so will get internet setup in my room on my desktop soon. So, could get xlink working and could possibly still try this out this coming weekend.