Page Location: Home > HomeLand > Topic
Mixwizzard
rank 4
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
FreeLoader turns the Kanjis into deformed characters making correct play near impossible.
Are there any Third-party ways like software or something that could translate this game? I think the reason people dont buy this game is because of the japanese-only language options and the fact it needs american GCs to be modded or JP cubes. If we can find anyway to get the game into atleast fair translation I think people might have a spark of interest.
But as Lordnikon said-Quality over quantany (Sp?).
If theres any updates on this, please post.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2010 11:30 am
quote : #2
Translating the entirety of Homeland would an enormous task. The likely hood of that happening is slim, and it would be more complex for users to play a modified custom burned disc than a legitimate import.

Basically nothing is going to happen with homeland until a guide I have been working on is completed. This is needed to outline what people have to buy to play Homeland, as well as a beginners guide on how to start playing. The other issue is that Homeland isn't online ready out of the box. You have to have completed the game offline once before online play is available... and that is just to connect to servers. After that you need GOD mode unlocked to even host a game session for others to connect to. The barriers for entry with this game are numerous, and until the beginners guide is available, things will be at a standstill.

Playing Homeland online will not be cheap. It will require spending a few hundred dollars, and will demand quite a bit of ones patience to get setup to play the game. There is no way around this. Homeland is not a game for people on a tight budget.
rank 1
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2010 7:22 pm
quote : #3
There is no way that there isn't an action replay code for everything stated.
There has to be a complete the game code and an: enable online mode code. I think we should start lurking at japanese cheat code sites.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 12:16 pm
quote : #4
I have gone through all of that already. I am not going to get into details but basically a game save has to be provided for users to copy and save to their GC memory cards in order to host or play. There is no way around this, which introduces even more cost and hurdles.

Like I said, its all been figured out already. Its just a matter of getting the guide completed so people know exactly what steps are needed to play the game. Everything is going to be at a standstill until this is ready.
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:12 pm
quote : #5
If I remember, looking through old topics somebody mentioned an AR code to get online unlocked or something like that. And gameFAQs has a "saves" section on the pages for games, so if somebody can get that on there with most of the stuff unlocked (IF its even possible) that COULD help.

I wonder....if theres a GC emulator out there, somewhere. If there is, then with a Homeland ROM...we can atleast play single player with little trouble.

But then theres the legal issues, so I guess we are pretty much screwed right now.

UPDATE:Looked at a thread, and realized that since the menus are nicely built and theres some good descriptive icons along with color coded stuff, you can still necessarily play HomeLand with Freeloader fairy well.

But it would still be hard, and online communications would have to be sacrificed. Unless the messed up freeloader'd JPN text all have the same weird symbols for each letter (As in, A's freeloader symbol is the same everytime its typed.) which could be translated if thats the case, but that would mean you'd have to know where and what every letter is on the on-screen keyboard.

milliliter
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am
quote : #6
trancelated scenario
Homeland Guides for the beginners (English)

Here! -> http://homelandenglish.blog130.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 pm
quote : #7
nice link and a good companion translation.

Bearku
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:42 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
Though the grape vine there is a team wanting to trasnlate the game,

and it seems they are working on it, but you need some for of a modded gamecube to play it

With my background of emulation it does not work in the GameCube emulator dolphin, Also dolphin does not work with the bba.

There are ISO files, not roms. of the game on the internet, Ive come across them in my path,

Now still the point it if it is translated people are going to have to mod there cube in some way to play,

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=523

Thats the site thats working on the translation

liquitt
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 am
quote : #9
Type: RF
another thread rising from the grave
hello hello, i'm liquitt from mentioned gc-forever forums, who kind of started the homeland translation project.
i know have a small army of japanese experts for the translation of the text strings, but what we actually need is somebody who knows japanese AND is able to handle a hex-editor or is able to handle files in general.

if you know anybody, let me know

you're also welcome to join the forums and follow the thread posted. otherwise i'll try and keep you guys updated on here, too

liquitt
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 am
quote : #10
Type: RF
oh and concerning HOW you're going to use this:

well...of course we can't release the whole iso. so everyone that owns a copy of homeland will have to make a rip of their original disc, apply a patch that we will be trying to provide and then boot the patched backup with any sort of mod