Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
About a month and a half ago I picked up a mint Platinum GameCube at Gamestop and a few games such as, a second copy of Kirby Air Ride for LAN. However, when I went there a few days ago they had 0 GameCubes and 0 Gamecube games.... Shocked Confused Crying or Very sad They also apparently no longer accept anything having to do with the GameCube system.
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
3. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
4. (2 copies) Kirby Air Ride
5. (2 copies) 1080° Avalanche
nooitzben
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC
Gamestop will eventually get rid of PS2 games one day too. They are a type of business that keeps up with what is the latest and "hottest" games. They move foward and never look back.

It's best to check older retro stores or online like Amazon if you want Gamecube games.

Oh ya..I also don't recommend gamestop. I haven't bought from them for quite sometime. They are infamous for not giving much for trading in your old games and then they take your games and sell it for 3 or 4 times more. They sell the new games that aren't really new either.... They also throw away game case and instruction booklets if it sells under $5. They throw them away because it takes up space. For gamestop stop...space on shelves = money. So they try to make more space by throwing out older games that aren't making money...PS2 games and DS games get throw away as far as I know. The last time I was there..the employees even told me this. Gamestop in reality = Anti video games.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:59 pm
quote : #3
I hate gamestop because the ruin physical video game media for profit. Like you said, they shred manuals and inserts, throw away cases, etc. They treat their inventory like complete garbage. I have been to stores where they place their yellow stickers under the case on the inserts themselves. Even if you manage to remove the sticker without tearing the insert, there is still damage. The oil from the glue soaks into the insert.

Here is one of the best retro game sellers I have dealt with over the years:

http://www.estarland.com/GameCube.cat.HW.html

They have Indigo, Black, and Platinum cubes at $34.95 each.

Also this site will tell you if the game is complete, missing a manual, or case+insert. They don't accept games that are severly damaged, scratched, etc. They try to sell quality product. Just order from estarland. Don't buy from gamestop anymore on principle.
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:12 am
quote : #4
Ya I almost forgot how gamestop treats their games. It's usually in no so good condition especially with all stickers on the box or it could be worse...stickers on the inside of the covers. If you try to get them off it will damage the cover/artwork. If gamestop could sell you just a chewed up game cd for the highest price they could...they would...they don't give a crap about the condition of what the game they are selling to you. Sometimes it could be irresponsible customers that might trade in bad condition games to GS and they don't care what condition they accept it in. Just don't buy from Gamestop anymore. It's best to buy from quality older retro stores locally if you got any in the town that you live in.

That Estarland site looks pretty good..I was always wondering is it a legit and reputable retro game store? Have you bought from that place yourself Lordnikon? Maybe if something catches my eye I might buy something from there.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:29 pm
quote : #5
The thing that really bothers me is that the employees are all trained to argue the customer into submission. If you ask them for a new copy of the game, they walk out to the floor, pick up the destroyed shelf box, and then walk back behind the counter and open a drawer. This is where I stop them and say, "No no, I said NEW, not used." Then they say "This is new". For a while I would argue with them to no end trying to explain to them that once you open the game, its used. Eventually I wised up and simply asked them "Is it factory sealed?". This would leave them with no way to argue with me at all.

Estarland is a great company. According to my game collection list, I have bought 130 games from them. TheMytho has actually been to the office before. its like a small storage office in a business complex. Its all totally legit. Buy away man Wink
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 am
quote : #6
Most of the time I just wish there was actually a decent local game store in my town but pretty it's all gamestop plus a few retro game stores and they aren't that great either...they are also there to rip you off. But at the end of the day most gaming companies/business are just here to make money just like any other business. gamestop is corporate so....they are just here to make money and don't really care about video games at the end of the day. Money speaks the loudest to them and as customers you can simply not buy from them Smile