Page 1 of 1
.ducky
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:54 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So I was browsing some other forums and found a topic where the Dolphin emulator can now emulate the BBA using a VPN. I was reading down it a bit and also found that the Wii is able to emulate the BBA as well.

Did anyone know this was possible? Because this is seriously awesome news. It would make getting into GCN PSO way cheaper and more reliable into the case of not having to worry about lasers dying on the GCN. It basically opens the amount of consoles up to more than double the amount that could play PSO online than before.

I'M TRYING THIS!!!! Shocked

edit:
Quote:
turns out that you have to have the actual disc at least for the initial play. it is still a wonderful alternative for anyone that has a copy of the game and wants to use their wii... perhaps your gamecube recently stopped reading discs, or the bba borked... It's a good alternative.

here's the link to the page:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/

I see how this could break the rule for no PSO or other console discussion, however this is something that could evolve to support Homeland as well. The author mentions it, at least. It may even work at some point for Mario Kart, though I doubt that.

Last edited by .ducky on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

.ducky
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 am
quote : #2
please delete

I forgot you took away the auto-add to post feature out of the reply button nikon... it used to be like that a long while ago when i was here before... at least on the dc side

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 pm
quote : #3
.ducky wrote:
So I was browsing some other forums and found a topic where the Dolphin emulator can now emulate the BBA using a VPN. I was reading down it a bit and also found that the Wii is able to emulate the BBA as well.

Did anyone know this was possible? Because this is seriously awesome news. It would make getting into GCN PSO way cheaper and more reliable into the case of not having to worry about lasers dying on the GCN. It basically opens the amount of consoles up to more than double the amount that could play PSO online than before.

I'M TRYING THIS!!!! Shocked

edit:
Quote:
turns out that you have to have the actual disc at least for the initial play. it is still a wonderful alternative for anyone that has a copy of the game and wants to use their wii... perhaps your gamecube recently stopped reading discs, or the bba borked... It's a good alternative.

here's the link to the page:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/

I see how this could break the rule for no PSO or other console discussion, however this is something that could evolve to support Homeland as well. The author mentions it, at least. It may even work at some point for Mario Kart, though I doubt that.

This is awsome!
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
3. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
4. (2 copies) Kirby Air Ride
5. (2 copies) 1080° Avalanche
.ducky
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:09 pm
quote : #4
gamegold1 wrote:
These include all chargeless to experience abilities for non associates that they can is capable of doing. Acceptable luck acceptable rich!

>has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

DarkCrystalMethod
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 pm
quote : #5
Only on alternative Tuesdays.

MagicLinx
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:03 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
i use this method to play pso...and all i can say is wut when I read some of this stuff...
Posted:
Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:49 am
quote : #7
The problem is that OC is a hardware based website, and connecting with the GameCube is preferred, as this is a "GameCube" community. I am still considering allowing Wii PSO users to connect, mainly because of the availability of Wii component cables vs GameCube component cables (which are far more expensive and harder to find). Though, I am still considering this. Right now the site is still GameCube only for accessing PSO.

PC Emulation to access our servers would defeat the entire purpose of this site. As the site is called onlineCONSOLES. Wink
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:06 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
This is amazing~ I'm gonna try this

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 01, 2016 3:02 pm
quote : #9
It's certainly something I'm interested in doing with a few friends who have been reluctant about getting a BBA. Very cool!

Just noticed the date of this thread - haha! I wonder how far they got with it.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat May 21, 2016 7:28 pm
quote : #10
Wii hardware support and also emulation are 2 things we are probobly going to be encouraging in the near future. We just need to get all of the technical stuff sorted out.
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:09 am
quote : #11
reiphoenix wrote:
This informative review of D-Bal Max is amazing~ I'm gonna try this

Did it work for you?

Last edited by Budlow on Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:34 am; edited 7 times in total

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:33 pm
quote : #12
I picked up a wii t try this myself. I just don't have the time right now.