Page Location: Home > HomeLand > Topic
mysteryracer
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
As a fan of gaming history, I like to explore the many aspects of gaming's past. Especially if a certain part of the past has a very unusually interesting aspect to it. One thing that has struck my interest is the Gamecube's online functionality, because of the fact that the Gamecube never actually intended to support online play in the first place. I've played PSO Episode 1 and 2 online, as well as PSO Episode 3 online, but the only game I have yet to try online for the Gamecube is Homeland (which is the only other online game aside from the former for the Gamecube), and for an understandable reason too. The fact that the game is in a language I am not fully fluent in has made me stall exploring Homeland's online functionality until now. I'm interested in connecting to a server for Homeland, and even rallying up some others to play with me if Homeland can become a bit more accessible to players who don't understand Japanese, but I am stuck in a hurdle, even after reading up on Puutan's guides. I managed to get through the intro of the game (to the point where you first land in Cloots Village), and now I have to complete one sequence before I can even connect online. The problem is that Puutan's guides nor any other guides I could get my hands on tell you how to enter a sequence in the first place.

So my first question would be, does anybody know of a step by step guide for getting to the point where you can connect to a server, or a save file that is completed to a point where I could connect to a server?

The second thing I wanted to talk about was possibly translation for the game. Not asking others to translate, but how I could help translate. Although I'm not fluent in Japanese, that doesn't mean I don't understand it at all. After playing a bit of the game (as in, getting through the intro), I noticed something that would make translating the game much easier; no Kanji. This means that people like myself that can read Hiragana and Katakana, but not very much Kanji, could play a good role in translation for the game. I would have to do a bit of research to find out what some words mean, but I could put the pieces together. The problem is, there needs to be enough people involved to take on such an enormous task, but I could help if possible.

The last thing I wanted to address is that if the game were to be translated, making an English virtual keyboard for the game (as opposed to the Japanese virtual keyboard in the game, used to chat online and as a way to enter the code to set up private servers) would not be possible, due to key differences in how the English and Japanese alphabets work.

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:42 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
HomeLand can be rather tricky when you first start up. You can contact Puutan through his YouTube. Although I was able to beat the game, and play with puutan the week I finally got my hands on the game (That was a year ago, so I was thirteen). I haven't played with him recently even though he does host servers every Saturday. If you want, I could try and help guide you through the game (However, it's been awhile since I played Embarassed ). It's nice to see a new user finally post something up. I wish you the best of luck. Mr. Green

Puutan's YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/puutans
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
3. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
4. (2 copies) Kirby Air Ride
5. (2 copies) 1080° Avalanche
mysteryracer
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:11 am
quote : #3
Sorry for the delayed reply; college has been killing me. Specifically, for where I am at in the game, I'm stuck in Cloot's Village, and have no idea what to do from there. There's some shops around, and some enemies in other areas (of which I can't attack, presumably because I don't have a weapon?), though I need to enter the first scenario, and have no idea how to. I'll contact Puutan if I have time though. And thanks Smile

On a side note, it annoys me how specifically, this game was only released in Japan. I understand that Chunsoft is a mostly Japanese exclusive developer, but even mostly Japanese exclusive developers have American Publishers to bring such games to America (Nintendo of America, maybe?). It's not a matter of the game itself which its Japanese exclusivity makes me annoyed , but the fact that it holds a rarity that most Gamecube games don't have: online support. With the Gamecube's online functionality being as scarce as it is, you'd think that Nintendo would try a little harder to bring at least one more online game to America (a.k.a. Homeland).

That's why I want to make Homeland more accessible to English players. Not only would it flesh out the Gamecube's online functionality a little bit more, but would be a very fun online game to play at the same time.

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:49 pm
quote : #4
It's very understandable but Nintendo didn't want GameCube games to be online. That's why Homeland was only released in Japan Sad . However, the good news is that HomeLand is actually quite easy to pick up and play. Last Saturday, I played my first game in months online and it was a blast. I wish you the best in getting in contact with Puutan ( I use YouTube and it works great). I recommend the dream scenario for your first play through btw. Mr. Green
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
MagicLinx
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:20 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U
I am interested in playing this game...
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2014 2:31 pm
quote : #6
I know this is a very late reply, but I too am interested in playing Homeland online. I already own the game, and have a Gamecube modded for Japanese games, I've actually already played Homeland a bit offline. If anyone has found a way to play it online, and is actually interested IN going online, contact me. Preferably via e-mail. (gebegoodfork@hotmail.com)

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:53 pm
quote : #7
In order to play HomeLand online you must first beat the game. I recommend puutan's site as it helped me beat the game in under a week. In addition, there's a thread here at OC that is great.

Guide Site: http://homelandenglish.blog130.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html

Thread at OC: http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1870

*** I also sent you an email with this following information.
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:49 am
quote : #8
thanks for linking ti my thread, i appreciate it.

xperiaplaybr
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:29 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
Whoobin wrote:
HomeLand can be rather tricky when you first start up. You can contact Puutan through his YouTube. Although I was able to beat the game, and play with puutan the week I finally got my hands on the game (That was a year ago, so I was thirteen). I haven't played with him recently even though he does host servers every Saturday. If you want, I could try and help guide you through the game (However, it's been awhile since I played Embarassed ). It's nice to see a new user finally post something up. I wish you the best of luck. Mr. Green

how to play this game in the online mode? it is possible to play online these days that game?

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:24 pm
quote : #10
xperiaplaybr wrote:
Whoobin wrote:

how to play this game in the online mode? it is possible to play online these days that game?

Here is a guide for how to play online: http://homelandenglish.blog130.fc2.com/blog-category-9.html
Also, it is still possible to play HomeLand online these days as it will be online forever.
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
newstrings12
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:49 am
quote : #11
Discover the ultimate in relaxed romance with the best casual dating platform!
Verified Females
Optimal Сasual Dating