Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next

Forum: GameCube Lounge

Topic: Nintendo!!

Page 1 of 2
Would u sign a petition ask Nintendo to make more offically online games?
Yes, i would!! ill pm u my email adress!
82%
82% [ 14 ]
no, Nintendo is doomed
5%
5% [ 1 ]
im not sure
11%
11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17
Elf2600
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
now don't think im just some freak, but nintendo is making me mad... i read an article that said that the new game XIII would have exclusive online play for the PS2 and Xbox but not the Gamecube. now the only reason im making a stink about it is none of my friends have a cube or like playing the games i do... so going online is the only way i can truely enjoy the games i buy. case and point: i've had PSO Ep. 1&2 since Dec. of 2002, but only had 1 character and he was a RAmar and was only lvl 5 until i got online w/ a bba in about may or june. now i have a lvl 30 FOmar, 28 RAmar (my first char) and a lvl 22 HUmar. the online experiance has made PSO the best game i have.... i now play it every time i fire up my cube. but i wouldn't be at the point i am if it wasn't for the online comunity... so to my orignal point question would u sign a petition asking Nintendo to make more offically online games?
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:56 pm
quote : #2
i would but nintendo is going down the crapper. emailed them and they just say they're slowly becoming a software purely company
Posted:
Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:04 pm
quote : #3
Id sign! I have emailed nintendo about 7 times asking why they arent going online but i always get the same dam answer! Phantasty star online is are first online game, they say!

Suppa Buddha
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:39 pm
quote : #4
Personally, I think its going to hell for some reason. I dunno I just want more games, like ONLINE games. If GC fails they still have GBA(SP) that is still going strong but wait til the PSP comes around. I await it to see how it does.
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:08 am
quote : #5
the offical jim wrote:
Id sign! I have emailed nintendo about 7 times asking why they arent going online but i always get the same dam answer! Phantasty star online is are first online game, they say!

thats because had the word 'online' in ur e-mail it automaticlly sends a premade e-mail depending what kyword is in the e-mail. every cold heartless copany does it. not that im dissing Nintendo *cough*
Posted:
Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:04 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
Nintendo is the king of video game franchise, and some of them just scream for online play, but Nintendo's not taking the chance because its not profitable and "just a fad." while pushing their LAN capability (not a bad thing) and gba connectivity. The whole LAN thing, i think, is nintendo being full of themselves, and kicking themselves in the head. Its almost like they THINK everyone has a gamecube, and they don't help themselves because it almost reinforces the fact that the gc is a "kiddie" system, because it seems they think that you can just walk over to your friends house and hook up your gc and have a LAN party while your friends mom bakes you some cookies. what about all the people in PS2 filled colleges that would like to play against their friends miles away. And about the fad thing, Honestly, you think the people over at Levi's are going "hey, baggy jeans are a fad, and expensive to make, so lets just wait it out till its profitable." hell no, they're drowning the market with baggy jeans. well, ok, the video game industry isn't exactly like the clothing industry, but the point is Nintendo NEEDS to embrace the latest video game fads if they want to gain some popularity. They have to be willing to lose some cash in order to push their system. and right now is the best time to do it. the GC is the third place (last) system, but that doesn't mean they're dead, like many like to say, just that they need to work harder to gain some ground. Last place means pulling out all the stops and doing crazy things that the other companies wouldn't do.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:03 am
quote : #7
i read an article in a gaming magazine that says that Nintendo says that they dont know how much longer Sony and Microsoft can keep pissing away money on the online servers. so i guess there waiting for PS2 and Xbox to lose enough money then BAM! Nintendos there with the only OnlineConsole out (save DC which will never die)
Posted:
Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:49 pm
quote : #8
McRing_Ring wrote:
i would but nintendo is going down the crapper. emailed them and they just say they're slowly becoming a software purely company

A pure software company? Like SEGA? Um, no. I think it was Satoru Iwata that said "The day we stop making hardware is the day we're out of business." Or something to that effect. But, I don't think Nintendo will go down so easily. They do "need" to make more online games, but it's not a neccessity (sp?) right now. They're probably waiting until it's cheaper to do so, so they can provide online content without any monthly fees or anything of that sort. I don't think that online petitions really work, it's just a waste of time, in my opinion. I'd rather play the waiting game and play what games I can right now, instead of pushing for new ones that probably won't come.
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:49 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nintendo is a mission statement driven company, its not beuracracy and jsut making money, they have a lot of philosophies behind their gaming strategy. I really respect that. A petition will not make a dent in their thinking. This would be like xbox gamers petitioning for me to set up an XBox area at OnlineConsoles.com(Its just not going to happen).

Nintendo is kicking serious ass lately, exactly as I have predicted. The cube is selling more(recently outsold PS2 the other week in japan). GBA SP is dominating, those things are 100.00 each, they arn't cheap. Nintendo is currently owning about 50%+ of the software sales charts in japan. Notice, with each of the AAA titles that are coming out in both Japan and the US, Nintendo is making headlines. I jsut find it odd that most websites post this stuff as if its startling news. Have they even bothered to look at the coming months releases for the cube?

Honestly, I just want more and more LAN games to come out, because it gives us the power to tunnel them online, and keep gamecube online forever. The power will be in our hands, and we won't fall victim to the company canceling a service intentionally to force us to purchase the next big product.

Yea Nintendo has stated they are not interested in making official online games. All I can say is...more LAN more LAN more LAN. It gives us gamers interested in taking our cubes online something to WORK with. Rather than nothing.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:35 am
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Nintendo is a mission statement driven company, its not beuracracy and jsut making money, they have a lot of philosophies behind their gaming strategy. I really respect that.

Honestly, I just want more and more LAN games to come out, because it gives us the power to tunnel them online, and keep gamecube online forever. The power will be in our hands, and we won't fall victim to the company canceling a service intentionally to force us to purchase the next big product.

Yea Nintendo has stated they are not interested in making official online games. All I can say is...more LAN more LAN more LAN. It gives us gamers interested in taking our cubes online something to WORK with. Rather than nothing.

i agree w/ u on this... but i have a couple of problems! tunneling games, from what i have heard, all run programs that only work on pc's. i have a mac, and im a die hard mac fan. but alll i want is to get online b/c my friends don't have cubes... and online makes games more fun. so if tunnelers could make mac versions of the programs im set, and then nintendo gamecube would be like the dreamcast, online 4 ever!!!
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:25 pm
quote : #11
If you have a beefy MAC with lots of extra ram, you could run Virtual PC, and run a windows operating system within the mac os. Then you could run windows programs. There are some other emulators out there as well. I'm pretty sure from the looks of things a mac tunneler will be available. On release of the Warp Pipe Tunneler.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:29 pm
quote : #12
but the thing is i only have a 500 mhz G4. and its slow running os X as it is. but i wonder if i could convince my dad to get me a 1 ghz G4 processer and then i would be able to run War Craft 3 Frozen Throne and Virtual PC!! thanx for that tid-bit... i didn't think of that
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:28 pm
quote : #13
dude just build a windows box, you can build a PC for next to nothing. You can build a nice windows/linux machine for a few hundred bux.

Honestly, if your really hurting for a cheap solution, I would most DEFINATLY recommend getting one of those Microtel PC's off Walmart's website. If you can score a copy of XP off a buddy even better.

Microtel SYSMAR417 PC With Lycoris OS & AMD Duron 1.2 GHz
128 MB memory
20 GB hard drive
CD-ROM drive
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet connection
Lycoris Desktop/LX operating system (Linux-based)
$199.98

When I have some more money i am gonna be buying a couple of these for spare machines for 3D animation/video render farm.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:42 pm
quote : #14
y spend that much for all that when i can get a 1 gig processer for like 600 and then get a free copy of virtual pc?
owell ill be plaing w/ yall via tunneling projects
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:04 pm
quote : #15
because lordnikon wants the most compicated crap in the world to confue and irritate others. but thats just the begginning who knows what goes on in that sick little mind? just kidding but if i had money i would probablly do something like that too