cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Announcement
As much as I love Homeland, and like being able to help out, the site seems fairly dead at present time, and as such, it feels that my work isn't necessarily in vain, but that its not being properly seen by the public, and I don't have to time to firstly, continue working when I'm not seeing much in the way of popularity here, and secondly, I don't have the time needed to run around the internet and advertise my guide and Homeland. This isn't to say that I'm not feeling appreciated, with Nikon giving his approval, aswell as being linked in another thread on here. So until the site picks up, or until the thread gains more popularity in general, I'm going to have to halt it's progress. I still play Homeland regularly, and if I happen to see a tip or important piece of information that just NEEDS to be brought to light, then I'll add it, but I won't be playing Homeland simply for this thread anymore, as I was doing before. I'm proud to say that this extra information page has quite a few things listed, but its fairly blank in the scenario department. And to all reading this, I appreciate anyone who simply gave my post a read, even if you don't play, because it means my work wasn't wasted totally.

Posted this as a reply to the thread aswell just so that the "New post!" sign might bring some attention over.

For those who still frequent this section, I'm playing homeland via an iso on my wii right now, and while following
http://homelandenglish.blog130.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html these scenario guides, I found a couple of problems that I had to find myself because they didn't give all the information. So this will be where I'll be posting helpful additions as I come to them, also with a few tips that I've come up with.

Last edited by cruto on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 am; edited 5 times in total

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:03 pm
quote : #2
Scenario specific information. This will change and update as I do more scenarios, the only ones I've done so far will be listed, even if no information was available from me.

Oragon:
-After you get the Kanel medicine, go into the forest to the east of Kanel and give it to the blue guy.

-The little kid's house afterwards is in the top right corner of Kanel, and then the secret place he shows you is in the building to it's left with the book icon.

-Oragon only has about 500 total HP, pretty much if you can beat Uru Mystery boss, you can take Oragon on, they both use spells that hit about the same.

Dream World
-The two bells for Yumedamari are in the lake (just like in normal Cloots, drain lake) and in the "starter dungeon" cave to the right of town, it's in the chest on right that's OUTSIDE the cave, don't bother going all the way through, the chest is guarded by like 7 small golems that pack quite a punch alone.

-Yumedamari is VERY simple, from the start of the cube head straight down, then head to the bottom right corner, and then bottom right corner again, you should arrive at the Green side, head straight down and take the final entrance on the left. If you take the first left it'll bring you into a room with 2 chests that hold nice items.

Golem NEW
The final boss is a pain, he summons a love golem that summons other golems, so hit him hard and hit him fast, its best to not handshake here so you can get a chance to crit every hit.

-The Alien boss in Porka Headland, clones himself, its a direct copy, it has same hp, and moves, and for my first time, it even cloned itself! unheard of =O

-Took me forever to figure this out, but in order to start this scenario, you MUST do the imitation trade with Morobon and nechirino, after that Rick will appear on the road south of Aprikant, and you'll know you're on the right track.

-The jail is through the left door in the throne room

-going throughout the secret passage after freeing prisoner, theres about 5-6 sparkles on ground, theyre all the 500 Boru sellable metal things, be sure to have room, youll need the cash to gear up.

-All of the golem bosses except for the final, king golem, are jokes, just hit them a bunch and stay alive, no real technique required.

Last edited by cruto on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 am; edited 4 times in total

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 pm
quote : #3
Tips This is just some tips I've come up with that make gameplay a bit easier.

1. When starting out, go to the lake and get all three glints in the water, it's a stick, a healing item, and a antidote, then you can drain the lake for a few quest points, aswell as 50 boru for tip #2, plus that extra boru will help with buying other things.

2. Try to get up 50 Boru as fast as you can, and go ring the bell in Quester Park, summon that secondary Mascot you get. This will make EVERYTHING a load easier, Pinoco's AI is good about keeping you in tip top shape, and if you hold hands, the damage boost is great aswell and you can just break the chain if you need help in battles, it doesn't count as an action, so you can stop holding hands, and then attack.

3. ALWAYS keep one Escape and one Teleport item on you at all times. This lets you escape a dungeon and then teleport to town if you're in the field. Death = 5% reward deduction for each death, death is very bad. The Escape item starts with ひざしのみちびき, and the teleport item begins with トビットソウ, as a side note, the spells have those same exact names, and they always reside at the bottom of the spell list, in orange/yellowish boxes.

4. Remember that boss fights don't have to be about killing it fastest, I win most of my boss fights by simply outlasting the boss with correctly placed heals.

5. Higher numbers doesn't always mean better equipment. For example, the Drum shield まどろみだいこ you buy in Uru Remains for 1500 Boru is outmatched pretty quickly once you hit Irumia, but it has a chance to put enemies to sleep when they hit you, so you might pass up a few higher defence shields in lieu of this one.

6. Abuse the terrain, most of the times you can funnel enemies by simply catching the one you want to fight on a corner, and then you only have to fight them 1 on 1 instead of being surrounded.

7. When surrounded, kill the weaker monsters first. This might sound silly, but the weaker monsters will die much faster, and the faster you kill them, the less hits you'll be taking each round. This also cuts down on the time between each turn, so other monsters don't have a chance to come in and ruin your parade.

8. Kirara's barriers bounce all spells, including healing. So you can use Pinoco's AoE healing spell, and it'll heal the Kirara, and then bounce for ANOTHER AoE heal. Very useful, could possibly bounce between multiple Kirara's shields if done properly.

9. Critical Knife drops semi-frequently in Trek Mountain from the mini Oragons, the dragons on the chests. The Critical Knife has a chance to 1hit a monster, really useful and considering that it increases the chance with higher Speed, it's great. I found that if I decked out my entire party with Critical Knives and the Spirit's Shield which increases speed, and is also dropped from these guys, that I had to actually fight very few battles. And they're so helpful when up against strong monsters and you have a full party, not counting myself, I was having 4 chances to 1hit the monster each round, and usually did so within 2 rounds.

10. Combine Mascots to get better combos. I haven't gotten there yet but it looks like if you combine a Cocotto with Flei, and Kirara then you have an invincible combo. No matter who you're playing, you'll get Meditate, Barrier, and Hide in Shell. You can also combine other mascots to achieve better chances of survival. My personal favorite is playing as Flei, and combining Pinoco, Kirara, and Misteka together. This gives me high damage from the beginning, along with meditate as Flei's ability, Kirara's Barrier, Pinoco's Heal (flei doesn't naturally have Heal) and then I can use Misteka's shared Invisibility skill to get past monsters.

11. Misteka's invisibility is insanely powerful. You can use it before a boss fight to give you time to prepare, For example when you fight Nanashi, his second form will laser blast you twice for about 800 total damage if you had to leave and re-enter the fight. But if you use Invisibility beforehand and then go into the portal, you can start the fight with him and not get hit.

12. Just because you're handshaking with a mascot, doesn't mean they're invincible. If a monster uses an AoE attack, or you walk through poison swamp or lava, they can still take damage. And if they die, then you lose their attack bonus, their health bonus, and their pow bonus, AND on top of it all, you get stuck with being unable to run while handshaking with them.

13. You can't control the AI, but you CAN set it up for certain tasks. By nature any mascot with the heal ability will heal anyone below half hp (yellow). Well if theres more than one person, they'll go with who has the lower number value at the time. And for Pinoco, if 3 or more people have below half hp, he does a group heal. But he'll avoid healing in battle if possible. So what I like to do is handshake and keep pinoco at the VERY end of my line, this way if I have to break the handshake, or a monster breaks it (yes, theres 1 type of monster that can break it and it has like 5 versions) then Pinoco will heal me if I need it, because my need to be healed will activate before he reaches monster. If you have Block at the end aswell, he'll do the same, for healing AND for that ever-loved lightning spell.

14. Most mascots get their "signature" ability at about level 14-18. Block gets Wu at lv 16 which lets him steal mana. Flei gets Experience Share at around level 14 which lets him give his experience to other mascots. At level 13 Kirara gets Triple Barrier, letting him set 3 barriers in 1 turn for only 15 mana as apposed to 30! And Pinoco gets his revival ability about that level aswell, letting him revive peple.

15. If you're playing offline as Block, I found that once you hit level 16 and get your Wu ability, if you have another mascot with you, the game becomes really easy. With Wu you can steal Pow from a distance, so you can let the other mascot(s) fight the monster up close, steal mana until the monster runs out (you'll start stealing 0 Pow) and then blast it with your best distanced Lightning ability. Because by this level you have Block's high level heal, if the mascots need healing you can safely provide it, and if you handshake with Flei you can just meditate to stock up on mana beforehand.

16. According to Putaans's guide, the metal Plates and Essences you find/buy can be kept and are supposed to stay with you even if you reset. But I've yet to find an actual reset button, the closest I've found is the "retrieve mascot" option, which drags a mascot back so you can start another adventure over, and the plates and essence still didn't stick with me, so I don't know, if anyone has more information on this then please, let me know so I can change this tip to an actual piece of information.

17. Certain chests give you a message with the word ひとり in it, as far as I can read, it means you need more party members to open the chest, and through testing I've found it to be true! What other reasons do you need to spend boru on more party members?! One chest I know of off the bat is the one in the dungeon on the way to uru remains, the items a hatchet if I remember correctly, really good weapon not outclassed fast unless you have alot of cash.

Mascot summon costs
1st - 50 Boru
2nd - 200 Boru
3rd - 1000 Boru
4th - 5000 Boru.
You can only have a maximum of 4 mascots to help you at a time, really though this is a good amount, gives you a huge damage boost.

19. For those of you who read this tip within the 2 hours i first posted it, it was saying you suffer 5 point loss for killing the doll, it turns out you actually don't, i just did it and read the thing. Its apparently a shrine demon and was just saying that it was defeated, I think it might have to do with another scenario possibly, not sure.

12. Field bosses are a thing in Homeland. I've yet to figure out if its time spent in a field, or number of enemies killed, likely a combination, but after awhile an extremely strong version of a common monster will appear, if you're expecting it and are able to kill it, i actually suggest luring it out, most field bosses yield something extremely helpful to the average level range of the area, usually an item you wont see until later, by normal means. The White Lizard in the field South of Uru Remains is my highest recommendation, he's pretty strong, but he drops a Spirit Shield, which gives a huge boost to your speed stat, letting you run away easier, normally you don't see this shield until Trek Mountain where it drops often from the mini Oragons mentioned earlier in these tips.

13. On the way to Kanel theres a bridge to the left, on the maps its got a big rainbow. I advise you to NEVER go over here unless you're extremely high level like 50+ or have a cocotto + Kirara combo going for massive amounts of spell reflection and melee guard, things WILL kill you mercilessly. Now for those wondering whats there other than high level death-dealers, I used Misteka's Invisibility, and explored, all thats here is in the northwest corner is an entrance to what appears to be a small gathering of the ladybugs, theres a healer here aswell. I didn't bother translating text, but theres a ton of colored stones shooting rainbow stuffs into the sky. I remember seeing a video on youtube about some of the last moments of Homeland's normal online life, and at the end of one scenario, you're sent here, i'm guessing you might be sent here after the end of every scenario to say goodbyes and thanks to everyone. Basically, just avoid this place other than training at really high levels, I've found it to be useless for the average player, I honestly consider this to be a hardcore solo area, or an area you tackle with like 8+ mascots handshaking and dealing 300+ damage, considering the monsters have high hp, and can do about 250 in a single ice AoE spell, going a lil overboard here, but DO NOT TAKE THE CHANCE, YOU WILL HAVE THE FLOOR WHIPED WITH EVERY MASCOT YOU OWN. But as should be a general rule, if you're online with friends, things get much easier when you have intelligent people behind mascots, and not the fairly derpy AI that is our beloved Homeland.

Please excuse the walls of text, I've decided to start giving more information with each tip, as well as my personal opinions so that you all can get a better grasp on WHY i give these tips, rather than "don't go there, strong things, nothing of value", hoping to satiate all of your desire to know why. I'm doing this for you as a community, so if you'd rather not see walls for each tip in the future, go ahead and drop a post! If enough people complain, I'll stop, even go so far as to reword the already-posted ones for your reading convenience, so if you have anything to say about this post, or want to add your own lil information in, Please, drop a line, i'll be happy to oblige!~

Last updated Sunday August 24, 2014.

Last edited by cruto on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 am; edited 7 times in total

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:44 pm
quote : #4
Hey cruto, thanks for these details! This info will surely help people attempting to play homeland. Including myself when I get some time to play the game again. Awesome stuff.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:08 pm
quote : #5
Thanks for the comment! I've come to a stump lately with school, and trying to find a job at 17 is a bit of a struggle, but when I get a chance to I'll get back on Homeland and update the stuff some. My boyfriend was kind enough to buy me Homeland so when it arrives in mail next month I'll be able to get online hopefully and play, it'll be from my Wii but I'm still happy with that. I also have an issue with doing the Paradaika Scenario. I got as far as Nanashi stealing the flute, but when I try to head into Porka Headland ポルカのみさき, theres trees blocking my path, but I can still see the bright spot signaling a area change. So idk. But I will definately be doing my best to update as soon as I get the chance.

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Thu May 01, 2014 8:50 pm
quote : #6
Updated the list a bit, from now on I'll be putting the last time I updated the list, since the forum only tells when I edit any pre-existing text, but won't say a thing if I add completely new text to a post. Once again if anyone has any to add, please PM me or post here, credit will be given!

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:28 am
quote : #7
Hey, I'm noticing we've got some action on the forum and my threads starting to bump down a little, would it be possible to sticky this? I'd really like people to look at it when they find homeland ^^, turns out my boyfriend got interested in the game and when he did a google search, my thread came up, so atleast its on google.

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:54 pm
quote : #8
Woo guys! Got my wii fixed up and I'm playing homeland again, had to start from scratch, but it only took me 10 hours to redo my first Dream World Scenario, I finished about level 39 or 40, not bad since I only had Pinoco and his healer AI sucks, funnily enough I stocked up on like 8 revival items, and only used one, ON PINOCO LOL, for a healer he's tanky as all getout... Poor blocks a Glass Cannon

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 am
quote : #9
Okay guys more news! I finally did my first playthrough of the Golem scenario, was having problems starting it due to not doing the imitation trade event, but now I got my hands on Porka =D. Shes my new favorite mascot, extremely situational with abilities, but has potential for the best healer in the game, if near water, she becomes invincible. So im just getting mascots while i wait for online to be implemented into my loader i play on Wii, do you guys think I should add in my character name in my sig like everyone else, even though i haven't played online yet?

GeBeCluck23
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:15 am
quote : #10
Hey Cruto, what loader are you using to run the iso? And have you heard of Devolution for the Wii? It's a homebrew loader/emulator for Wii that I heard is supporting Phantasy Star Online online play via WiFi. I'm not sure if it works for Homeland online play as I haven't tried it myself yet, but you could try it, see if it works.

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:09 pm
quote : #11
Well I use... god I can't think of the name right now... Nintendont. Nintendont is the loader I use. It's pretty good, homeland at full speed = success. The reason I can't use Devolution is because it wants a physical copy of the disc, i ordered one from Amazon a few months ago and its still not here =/ so I just gave up on it. im just waiting for Nintendont to get patched with online play so I can do more.

cruto
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:37 am
quote : #12
Announcement
As much as I love Homeland, and like being able to help out, the site seems fairly dead at present time, and as such, it feels that my work isn't necessarily in vain, but that its not being properly seen by the public, and I don't have to time to firstly, continue working when I'm not seeing much in the way of popularity here, and secondly, I don't have the time needed to run around the internet and advertise my guide and Homeland. This isn't to say that I'm not feeling appreciated, with Nikon giving his approval, aswell as being linked in another thread on here. So until the site picks up, or until the thread gains more popularity in general, I'm going to have to halt it's progress. I still play Homeland regularly, and if I happen to see a tip or important piece of information that just NEEDS to be brought to light, then I'll add it, but I won't be playing Homeland simply for this thread anymore, as I was doing before. I'm proud to say that this extra information page has quite a few things listed, but its fairly blank in the scenario department. And to all reading this, I appreciate anyone who simply gave my post a read, even if you don't play, because it means my work wasn't wasted totally.