Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/12/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-has-passed-away-at-age-55/

Quote:
Nintendo Japan announced in a press release today that President Satoru Iwata has passed away yesterday on July 11th due to health issues related to a bile duct tumor.

The saddening news was communicated via a one sentence release (PDF).

Being a director at Nintendo since 2000 and appointed president in 2002, Satoru Iwata has also acted as CEO of Nintendo America since 2013.

Iwata skipped E3 and Nintendo’s annual meeting for shareholders last year due to health reason and underwent surgery to remove the bile duct growth.

There’s not much else to say, but I personally believe the gaming world has lost one of its important leaders. He will be missed.

I was shocked to see this. I think Iwata's presentations at E3 always were so charming and fun, especially during the gamecube years. He was the face of Nintendo in my opinion.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:35 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Wow...

That's so sad. I literally just finished reading a big article yesterday about the GameCube that had a lot to say about Iwata called "A Dolphin's Tale: The Story of GameCube". Such terrible news. Always sucks to lose another one of the good guys...

Here's to you Iwata, I hope you're in the big mushroom kingdom in the sky. Rest in peace.