Page Location: Home > Archive > Archive - PSO EP3 > Topic
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
There was recently a Game Show in Japan with Fuji Naka in which he made a presentation on Phantasy Star Online: Episode 3. In his presentation included 400 cards drawn by 31 Illustrators and the Game Box Cover.

There was a picture of the PSO Trilogy packaging shown at Kikizo's coverage of the Game Show.
http://games.kikizo.com/media/tgs2003/22.jpg
[admin notice: image was changed to a URL instead, rules say post images must be no wider than 400 pixels wide]

He talked about Episode 2 Challenge Mode coming to PSO in December 1st, as well as other online quests coming January 2004.

And what we feel is a very big announcement, they discussed PSO PC Version 2 being shutdown December 31st, But there will be a Episode 1&2 PC version coming, and this version of PSO has Server Side saving!
Posted:
Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:03 pm
quote : #2
oh yeah:
Read the full story at:
http://www.pso-world.com/
Posted:
Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:03 pm
quote : #3
Damn! I'm not gonna pay for another hunter's license just to use the play the PC version! Darn darn darn! They should really implement that server side saving into a console version too... Besides, I can play my GC more often that I can my PC.
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:46 pm
quote : #4
bringing it up so more can bask in its glory Laughing
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:38 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
The PSO trilogy really is nice. Personally they should have it where PC and GC gamers could play on the same servers. This would be fantastic. But no idea wether this has been done yet.

Personally, PSO has always been a console game to me. Playing it on the PC would lose some of its luster for myself. I like playing PSO on my gamecube. This is where I will stay. I have never been corrupted yet, and I even have nYko memory cards. Go Figure. I thought for sure I would have been corrupted by now after reading about people have trouble with nYko cards, however i now feel there are other factors that cause mem card corruption. Possibly dupes, or even voltage/internet connections, rather than the mem card manufacturers. I have had multiple power surges, and didn't get corruption.

Anyways GC is where I will remain for PSO ep1&2 and ep3. But seriously, that trilogy really is nice. I would love to own that.

One thing I am really happy to see, is sonic team is getting ambitious with PSO, which is fantastic, and this will just mean more quest's more gamers and better gaming fun for us.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:17 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
PSO is more of a console thing for me too, because of the whole fact that it was the first console online rpg (thanks to the Dreamcast!), I'm more of a console game player, and well, i played a demo of the pc version, and i hated the controls so much. Good to see that some Ep. 2 challenge modes are coming, i know a friend who'll love that. and PC people playing with GC people would rock, but they will probably keep em separate so the pc people don't get dupes and the like.