Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:12 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Since Nintendo set the price of gamecube to $99.99, they are selling 4 TIMES AS MANY GAMECUBES right now Very Happy Thats so awsome Smile
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:33 pm
quote : #2
woah! cool maybe they'll be better then PS2 in sales soon
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:17 pm
quote : #3
you do know that isnt much of a savings, they, at least here, revoked the free game, a value of 50$ so now you get a gamecube for 100$ and buy a game for 50$, so to actually do something with the dammned thing you need to spend at least 150$ anyway so personally if people jumped at this "savings" be it as non existant as it is is a dumbass.
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:02 pm
quote : #4
There are many new games debuting for 39.99 usd - (Metal Gear) and older games value priced for 19.99 usd -(Super Monkey Ball 2). Also you can buy almost any game cheaper used. With Mario Kart: Double Dash being LAN enabled, I may just purchase another cube for linkked play at home. And Never forget renting - that would be only 105.99 total for a gamecube and a blockbuster rental and ultimately a week of cubin it up.

Recieving a free game with the purchase of a system is good, but the choices available with the deal were limited. Also there is always the little equation of memory cards to throw in and the luxury(necessites?) wavebirds, broadband adapters, gameboy players and gba sp's....

In the end, I think the 99.99 usd price drop provides more options, for less. I think it is a victory for gamers and for casual gamers looking for a qaulity game system at a reasonable price.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:50 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nine brings up 2 very very very good points.
Nine wrote:
With Mario Kart: Double Dash being LAN enabled, I may just purchase another cube for linkked play at home.

...the choices available with the deal were limited

1. Exactly, I myself am definatly thinking of getting a second brand new Nintendo gamecube to have my own personal Mario Kart arcade.

2. The choices were limited. Finding metroid prime bundles still for sale was becoming impossible. The best you could get lately was a Star Fox Adventures or Luigi's Mansion bundle.

It's a $50.00 price drop. Thats an enormous price drop. It really is putting sony and microsoft up against the wall. One site stated in its new's headlines "nintendo declares war" If you think about it the PS2 and the XBOX already have dropped their console prices from their original prices by about 120.00.

Gamecube has been going up until now at only $50.00 cheaper than it originally debuted at. Dropping it to $99.99 cuts the cost by 100.00 off its original selling tag. Nintendo isn't making this price cut because they have no other choice, they are making the price cut because they CAN. I don't think many people realize this.
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:13 am
quote : #6
dudes,dudes, i understand that the gamecube price cut is cool, and that this is the gamecube site and all, but i dont think the it is worth 100 dollars in the first place,

1.first off, it breaks when you leave it alone, my friend rhett, left it alone for a month straigt and kept it clean and stuff, and it broke... my friend george, drop kicked his accross the room in a fit of rage towards his parents, and it worked fine..

2. they can indeed drop the price cause they dont do shit!!! They couldnt even put a c.d. player in it, hell, you can get a decent Adiovox c.d. player for 20$ with fm radio, bass boost, program and crap, and thats after the company prices it for profit, and after the store marks it up.

2a. those damn disks break so easily, sure theyre small, thats not to be efiicent people, or portable, its so you lose or break the damn things, we broke the Resident evil one twice, once in the store after we bought it the second time, little basterd didnt want to come out an play or something, so they made 100$ off us for one game, much less al the dumbasses who cant even take care of their games.

(msg edited my admin: comments removed, reason: offtopic)

finnally,sorry about the low availability of games for the bundle, i we had the metroid one the whole time and the others, hell at target they gave you both luigis mansion and mario poarty 4 for 160$
Very Happy

WARNING: calling nintendo cheap asses, and the cube a piece of crap is flaming, stop this or get banned, final warning.
Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:13 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U
Quote:
1.first off, the piece of crap breaks when you leave it alone, my friend rhett, left it alone for a month straigt and kept it clean and stuff, and it broke... my friend george, drop kicked his accross the room in a fit of rage towards his parents, and it worked fine..

Master Cheif has a point here. between me and 4 other friends that have a GC, my gamecube is the only one giving errors and disk reading problems, but i'm the only one who takes care of my cube. i'm usually completely anal about taking care of my games and systems. i never play my cube for more than 2 hours without giving it a break, i keep it covered when i'm not playing it, keep it clean, etc. and the disks are in scratchless condition but my cube is the only one screwing up. while my friends are dropping theirs, cat/dog hair clogging the fan holes, but they never had a problem yet. i'm still looking into this.
And all these new game systems seem to be rather sensitive. my friend had a ps2 for 2 weeks before it died. and the very first day my other friend got a xbox it kept freezing and died like 3 days later. they don't make em like they used to, i guess.

Quote:
you do know that isnt much of a savings, they, at least here, revoked the free game, a value of 50$ so now you get a gamecube for 100$ and buy a game for 50$, so to actually do something with the dammned thing you need to spend at least 150$ anyway so personally if people jumped at this "savings" be it as non existant as it is is a dumbass.

"By New Year's Day, the Nintendo GameCube library will swell to 320 titles. We've also added new value to our player's choice line up. We've just lowered the price on six popular first party games to $19.99 or $29.99.
To put that in perspective, consider this. Beginning tomorrow, consumers will have this choice. They can pay $180 for an aging PlayStation2. Or they can spend the same amount and get the more powerful Nintendo GameCube and a copy of Super Mario Sunshine and a copy of Metroid Prime and a copy of Star Fox Adventures. That's an instant package of game fun for everyone in the family."
--Taken from nintendo press release--

so most of the games that were bundled with the gc are $20 now, so your saving a little bit.

Quote:
2. they can indeed drop the price cause they dont do shit!!! They couldnt even put a c.d. player in it, hell, you can get a decent Adiovox c.d. player for 20$ with fm radio, bass boost, program and crap, and thats after the company prices it for profit, and after the store marks it up.

Yeah, they didn't, and I sorta would like at least the ability to listen to some music with it, but they stated from the get-go that this was to be a gaming machine, nothing more. besides, you don't want half assed dvd or cd funtionality. its better off just getting a cheap dvd/cd player anyway. or just using one you already have (90% of people with consoles probably already have a cd player, or even a dvd player by now.)

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:07 pm
quote : #8
no comment, although its not to smart to diss a Nintendo Game/system/hardware etc. with me signed up for the same site, im not threatining you but im saying that i think that Nintendo is a very good gaming copany. i really enjoy Sega and Nintendo games and systems and whatever.