1, 2  Next
Daly
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:57 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I experienced "In Game FSOD"...

I lost my only good weapons that took me many long hours to find...
My 40%Native 45%A Beast Sange & Yasha..
My Red Saber, which I had since lvl 90...It was my 1st good ult rare I ever found...i still used it. this weapon meant the most to me.
My 5HIT Red Sword. I have only found 2 in my 800 hours on the lvl 185 HUcast
My Meteor Cudgle..whitch was a gift from a good friend that I promised to keep.
My 45 HIT combats..

I don’t deserve this; I don’t know what I am going to do
I wont be playing for a long time

Fuck you Sonic Team
Fuck you Nintendo
AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:37 pm
quote : #2
bank your items, son!
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:08 pm
quote : #3
dont let it get you down, im sure you will eventually recover what was lost
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:30 pm
quote : #4
AC/GC wrote:
bank your items, son!

IN GAME... i was doing a heat sword quest solo...
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:25 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
That is so horrible. I don't even know what to say about that Sad My condolences to you Daly, that is horrifically depressing.

Only that, we can go red sword hunting with you me and McRingRing in ultimate caves. Atleast it would give us something to do Smile Do you have a yellowboze or a skyly? We could play caves over and over, I bet one would eventually drop. McRingRing's HUmar is Yellowboze and my HUcast is skyly.

Honestly, the standard FSOD is from....gamecube hardware failure. And I honestly think I have pinpointed the true problem with why the gamecube freezes up.

I have had my games in Metroid Freeze on me just like in PSO. Dead screen and the sound just stops with a high pitch. I think its the audio reader on the gamecube. my gamecube would click and lock up for a second switching between the outer Pioneer 2 and the shops. Also when your in battle, that music changes whenever enemies appear off and on off and on. When you think about it, the music does change an awful lot in PSO. Even changing..........RIGHT when you enter a lobby as well. Because of this, and my metroid locking up on me before too. It has to do with gamecube's reading of audio off the discs. I am almost sure of it. This is my logical conclusion.

Turning off the audio in PSO won't do anything either...simply because....it just lowers the volume it doesn't deactivate the sound in the game.
rank 18
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:06 am
quote : #6
I think that particlar problem is only with early gamecubes. Lucky for me, even though I got my gamecube at release, when I got it modded to play JP games, the guy put in a band new motherboard, so mine isnt the old one that shipped with the GC Smile

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:11 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
That is so horrible. I don't even know what to say about that Sad My condolences to you Daly, that is horrifically depressing.

Only that, we can go red sword hunting with you me and McRingRing in ultimate caves. Atleast it would give us something to do Smile Do you have a yellowboze or a skyly? We could play caves over and over, I bet one would eventually drop. McRingRing's HUmar is Yellowboze and my HUcast is skyly.

Honestly, the standard FSOD is from....gamecube hardware failure. And I honestly think I have pinpointed the true problem with why the gamecube freezes up.

I have had my games in Metroid Freeze on me just like in PSO. Dead screen and the sound just stops with a high pitch. I think its the audio reader on the gamecube. my gamecube would click and lock up for a second switching between the outer Pioneer 2 and the shops. Also when your in battle, that music changes whenever enemies appear off and on off and on. When you think about it, the music does change an awful lot in PSO. Even changing..........RIGHT when you enter a lobby as well. Because of this, and my metroid locking up on me before too. It has to do with gamecube's reading of audio off the discs. I am almost sure of it. This is my logical conclusion.

Turning off the audio in PSO won't do anything either...simply because....it just lowers the volume it doesn't deactivate the sound in the game.

i never coulda even though about that! but it does make a lot of sense.

and i would be happy to help you get whatever it is you lost and im sure anyone else in Ult. would gladly do to
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:44 pm
quote : #8
I thank you for replying everyone ^__^ ;

Everyone one on DENEB 9 have been supportive as well \^o^/

My friend gave me a red sword so I’m not all that screwed...
I will get my red saber back tonight from a friend as well.This is how im going to get my S&Y back and some people way be against it...
My friends on Deneb 9 told me to find a duper to make Photon Spheres and LOTS of photon drops so that I can add the %s back on to my S&Y.
Yes, the sange and yasha will be duped, but I worked 1200 hours for my only 12 star rare and feel that i deserve it. It will be considered legit to me =)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:55 pm
quote : #9
Daly wrote:
I thank you for replying everyone ^__^ ;

Everyone one on DENEB 9 have been supportive as well \^o^/

My friend gave me a red sword so I’m not all that screwed...
I will get my red saber back tonight from a friend as well.This is how im going to get my S&Y back and some people way be against it...
My friends on Deneb 9 told me to find a duper to make Photon Spheres and LOTS of photon drops so that I can add the %s back on to my S&Y.
Yes, the sange and yasha will be duped, but I worked 1200 hours for my only 12 star rare and feel that i deserve it. It will be considered legit to me =)

thats a good idea and im sure we will al consider that legit
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:41 pm
quote : #10
what nikon said makes sense but i herd once that some games dont have the game info optimised properly. for example, i was told that the pso doisc has its info written on it in aphabetical order instead of it being optimised. and because of that it stresses out the system by constantly haveing to read like it does. just what i herd dunno if its true. i do know that ive experienced the in game freeze myself too. the first time was when i was playing in a game against dark falz and in the instant he was supposed to die someone used a pb and a tsumikiri's special. and it just froze. the other time i was in ruins 3. i sympathise but i dont feel that your s&y is legit BUT i do think you are justified in getting it replaced. go for it, finding legit s&y is awsome and i'd be pissed if i lost my only pair or legit s

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:01 pm
quote : #11
i might have to do with anything we will never know and we weren't meant to know Confused
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:36 pm
quote : #12
I barely ever use two good weapons at the same time(even offline, by only using one good weapon you get into the habit). I use one good weapon, then bring a bunch of crummy weapons. Yeah, it sucks, but you get used to it(I only used rares in locked games on the dreamcast).
Grex-Unit-05
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:46 pm
quote : #13
You think that you're problem is bad, let's see if you can top mine my friend.

This past monday, I go online on my main card, with all my Ultimate characters that I've played on and offline for a combined 1700 hours. My highest level being my FOnewreal Rosalind level 161, my HUmar Zerevia level 150, HUcast Grex-Unit-05 level 141, and my RAcast level 121. After I did a card search and no one was on, it was around 200 pm eastern time and I was sent home early from work for the fact work was slow. Well a few hours later I turned my Game cube back on and I get a message saying that all my items and characters are corrupt and I must format the card, it wouldn't let me go past that message, so everything on that card is gone. The next day I get laid off from my job that took me almost 2 years to get after being laid off from a previous job. Thursday nite I play with a friend named Tac-Om on Anteres 4-13 and enter a game and I bsod, and then I'm playing with LordNikons HUnewreal Kaorin after a game, we decided to get some cake but it never happened, but anyways, after banking my weapons, I decided to bank my money which I never got to because I fsod at the bank and I lose all my money and regualr items like mates and the like.

So all in all, I corrupted, lost everything, lost my job, and even had my game frozen and glitched out but I still come back to the game because of all the cool friends I've met and played with and have helped me out so far with items and weapons and armor that they can afford to give me and I know it won't take me long to get everyone back to where they are supposed to be. By the way the items that were given to me are not dupes because I've played with these people for over a year or so. It's not that hard to find stuff and get back to ultimate so hang in there for anyone who has experencied this.

This is just one of the small prices you may have to pay for playing an online game. Yeah I wish there was a way to fix it so it wouldn't happen to anyone. Maybe someday soon they will, but for now I keep on playing the same way I always have and with the same great friends I've made.

AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:57 pm
quote : #14
This game's got the jack, so you'll always be comin' back, in black.
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:10 pm
quote : #15
well said Grex, i would have helped you lvl up with nikon too but my HL expired when i logged off my main onto my force. so i was never able to get back on Sad