rank 15
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:54 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
YES!

I just bought PSO Epi. I & II! Very Happy

Overall, I'm still impressed with it. I've gotten my ass beaten in the VR Spaceship by a blood-thirsty pack of Savage Wolves, so it looks like I'll have to return to Episode I and beat the Caves. Whoopedyfriggendo. Rolling Eyes

The new water effects (the ripples in bodies of water) are very cool. My favorite effect has to be the Telepipe 'burning wave'. Unfortunetly, I have not seen the reflective water in action. (Stupid Spaceship)

The burning desire to play online will not be doused for quite sometime. I blew all my money on PSO, but I hope to have a modem by the beginning of November.

(P.S: If anyone is looking for a cheap copy of PSO Epi. I & II, check your local Target.)

-TheMytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:30 am
quote : #2
Dude that rules Cool Glad you were able to aquire it. I think I played PSO almost all weekend. The game is so rewarding. I have had it since June, and have put a couple hundred hours into the game. There are still quests that I havn't played online, I have yet to beat the game completly(meaning beat Olga Flow on ULT offline). Then i plan to with atleast my main character, beat every quest on every difficulty setting to get 100% completion in all offline features. I prolly won't even complete this task for a while either.

In fact just today I learned how to take my animal parts to Dr. Montague, and got 5 new weapons built from animal parts Very Happy

I havn't even been to the shop where you can exhange photon drops yet.

If there was any game that was worth every penny you spent. It's PSO.
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:13 am
quote : #3
woot! That rocks man!!! Hope you make it through caves alright!!

I always use my photon drops for addslots though nikon very usefull when you get good armor with little or no slots
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:28 pm
quote : #4
It's a shame there's not too many episode II games online.
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:46 pm
quote : #5
Yes I have to agree with AC/GC I love episode II but I always play Ep I because not many people play it.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:43 pm
quote : #6
Sweet!

Welcome to the world of Phantasy Star Online! I'm sure it will leave you many fine memories, and a rewarding gaming experiance!

AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:48 pm
quote : #7
I can understand if ppl play episode I on ultimate. Actually, today I unlocked CCA offline(best area in the whole game)in ultimate and its the same as in previous difficulties. Episode II doesn't really have much change in ultimate except for higher difficulites. And mytho, I got my modem off ebay for 14$....but I got pso for 65$ Confused
EscapingJail
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:09 pm
quote : #8
Good for you man if u do go online i'll be one of the first to help.

"As of July 13 Escapingjail is lvl 95"
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:27 pm
quote : #9
Thanks for the support guys.

I made it through the Caves intact and killed the annoying De Rol Le (silk worm! Laughing). Also, I ordered the Savage Wolves pilot the VR Spaceship towards the Lab's Hard Drive. The epic confrontation between the Gol Dragon and Dark Spy V2 met a stunning finale as I overloaded the computer with a Photon Blast. Razz

I did get to CCA, but got annoyed with UI Gibbons tossing bananas at my defenseless HUCast. The water was marvelous .

AC/GC: You got a modem for $14?! I'll have to keep my eyes open on e-Bay.

EDIT: What is the best keyboard on GameCube? Should I waste my time with a Datel Keyboard, a PowerBoard, or get the 2-in-1 Adaptor?

-TheMytho

darkjedi
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:45 pm
quote : #10
finally man i hope and pray ill cya online seeings how im havin isp problems at the moment ill tip go go to ult till your 125 or higher

-darkjedi
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:06 pm
quote : #11
well here's the thing....when the modem came in the mail the bottom of the package was torn open like a motha. so the person could've easily taking out the modem only, used it, then put it back....it was supposed to be "NEW"....I'm too lazy to complain and stuff.

I won't be able to get back online till sometime in november, that is if I can find a new free isp...CCA offline in ultimate and mines are not too friendly for a lvl92 HUcaseal...
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:51 pm
quote : #12
I just received my Datel Powerboard and let me tell you its not the best thing ever but it will reduce the crave for a keyboard. I know it did for me. Hey Nikon and McRing_Ring now i could keep up with you guys. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:38 pm
quote : #13
DarkLink18 wrote:
I just received my Datel Powerboard and let me tell you its not the best thing ever but it will reduce the crave for a keyboard. I know it did for me. Hey Nikon and McRing_Ring now i could keep up with you guys. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

when im not using my comp i use that KB alot better but most of the time im using my comp so i need to buy a new KB but thats after: Mario Kart, Rebel Strike, perhaps Kirby Air Ride, and Ep. 3 so not for awhile Confused
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:46 am
quote : #14
Does the Datel Powerboard have 'sticky keys'? (Meaning that after you push a key, it gets stuck and you have to hit the key to get it into position.)

Otherwise, I might go with the Datel Powerboard. But does anyone own a SharkBoard for GameCube?

-TheMytho

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:22 am
quote : #15
TheMytho wrote:
Does the Datel Powerboard have 'sticky keys'? (Meaning that after you push a key, it gets stuck and you have to hit the key to get it into position.)

Otherwise, I might go with the Datel Powerboard. But does anyone own a SharkBoard for GameCube?

-TheMytho

I've heard the Power Boar does do that. I'm happy with my Happy Fun Box PC to GC Keyboard adaptor.